immy5150
    immy5150's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

19th inning...the umps mind was made up almost before the tag took place, looking for the ole tag that actually was a TAG.....he may have been tired, but he knew how much air time would be given if it WAS a missed tag....sometimes(as an ump myself in NC class A ball) you try and foresee the play before it happens....its a bad idea but it is in our HUMAN instinct to see it before it happens...it was an awful call and he will be reprimanded as I have several times...I am trying so hard to make it to a higher level and it seems this guy forgot he was already there...just mho

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Who cares.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

It happens.....Phillies won a game last year against Florida when someone hit a ball that was clearly foul down the 3rd base line and the ump called it fair, Phillies scored in extra innings & won. Ump never admitted he screwed up unlike Joyce.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Send that ump to single A ball..let him ride on a bus to the games (a short bus at that)....

That being said, time to get instant replay in baseball...Gallaraga'a no hitter lost, and now this.....Humans aren't perfect, in fact they are pretty dense sometimes....Time to get instant replay !!!

immy5150

i agree instant replay

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

For anyone saying who cares its over and done with, you cant change it... you're not thinking. Sure THIS game is over and done with, but in the future you can prevent this by implementing instant replay in this outdated sport... We've got 20 HD camera angles with ultra slo-mo, and yet it's against the rules to look at them in a game-blowing situation?? There's been perfect games blown...wins and losses gone the wrong way... Baseball needs to get with the times and instate instant replay. Sure no one wants to make this boring 3 hour sport any longer or more boring... but when a W or an L is on the line...sometimes you've gotta make a game more fair.
    Points Awarded:

DemoralizdDreamr gave CrimsonQueen 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DemoralizdDreamr

blanda
    blanda's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 580

I love the two appeal idea...c'mon Bud!

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    "Even if you just use logic, you can make the right call. If the catcher missed the tag, he would try to reapply the tag. The batter missed homeplate by 3 feet but the catcher didn't care because he knew he made the tag with the first swipe. There's no way the catcher would have the wherewithal to pretend like he tagged the runner if he in fact did not, especially when he had more opportunities to complete the tag."
    as i understand it, the umps are not supposed to use logic to make calls. they are supposed to use their eyes and the rules of baseball. otherwise, an ump is susceptible to being sold on a call by a player faking him out. catcher had the plate blocked, i don't know why he just swept the tag by and didn't go back and plant the glove right on him. that fk up is probably going to haunt the catcher for some time.

i've never been a fan of instant replay in baseball, but this is probably the perfect argument for it, and makes me feel as if perhaps it should be used for more than just homers (e.g., fair/foul, out/safe plays like this).
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 07-27-11 at 04:22 PM.

Milanboy
    Milanboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

just a complete blunder of a call. still can't believe it every time I watch it.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

I'm a Braves fan and I admit that was a horrible call. However, someone made a valid point that even with replay the call wouldn't be overturned because there wasn't conclusive evidence that a tag was applied.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Wow. What a bad call.

I had no cash on it and completely forgot about this game by around about the 15th.

Bad luck Pirates backers. Ump wanted to go home.

EBDOG
    EBDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

They already came out and said they blew the call all you idiots claiming he missed him shut up its over done with get over it

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

biggest disgrace i have ever seen

he should be fired. he saw the play perfectly. he wanted to go home. plain and simple

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

worst call i have ever seen

it was funy listening to the braves broadcasters even they were like he was safe??????????? how was he safe ???????????

no game should end like that even if its fukin july

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    lol like I care some guy on the internet lost respect for me it's much closer than you think. Not the throw home but the tag....regardless of what happened Pirates still suck.

2 words: GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** CANUCKS!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

That ump must be relayed to the dick who called Sid Bream safe. F the Braves.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

Ump admitted he blew call. Someone posted his address and phone number on the net and daughter said their phone is ringing off the hook with threats. People have even showed up ay his door. Scary indeed

immy5150

it is time to let it go...Karma will always come around

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

what a lazy tag by the catcher. how does that guy sleep at night?

First 12