BettingGeek
    SBR PRO
    BettingGeek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stock tips ...

Throw me couple bones. I'll tip you some good infos here daily.
    I need to get that ipod for girlfriend.
    Last edited by BettingGeek; 07-14-11 at 10:27 PM.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Altria Group, Inc. Symbol is "MO" Been into this for a while now..... This will make some money....

swaindexter
    swaindexter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4563

That is too funny

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

You got to be out of your mind buying stocks during a depression.

May as well just light your money on fire.

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Altria Group, Inc. Symbol is "MO" Been into this for a while now..... This will make some money....
    I have the same stock. Nothing like a stock that offers a pure addiction once they try the project!

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Short term (1-2 month) - yeah, it'll make money
    Long term (3-9 month) - wouldn't recommend since it's hovering around 52-week high plus economy still in bad shape.

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

Who say we're buying here?

You know how I do baby. Now, throw me some bones ... and I'll tell you what stocks to short.

Ninersnut

You got to be out of your mind buying stocks during a depression. May as well just light your money on fire.
    Yeah much smarter to pull ur 401k out and get destroyed on taxes.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

short the Housing market for $$

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

The stock market evolved 20 years ago. You make much more money through options and shorting stocks. Theres millions to be made shorting major financials.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    short the Housing market for $$
    About 2 years too late.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    You that was dumb as hell emily needs to have a 9% ROI on sportsbetting for 4 years just to break even on her original cash out. Not including any lost appreciation over that period. So more like needing a 11% ROI just to get even lol.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    Yes you just keep yours sitting in there earning 0.6% on fixed investments. Or you can buy some stocks and pray like hell the thing don't drop 2500 in a day. If you really kick ass you might be able to barely beat inflation.

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    About 2 years too late.
    SRS here's what happened today...http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...ie=UTF-8&q=SRS

UntilTheNDofTimE

Yes you just keep yours sitting in there earning 0.6% on fixed investments. Or you can buy some stocks and pray like hell the thing don't drop 2500 in a day. If you really kick ass you might be able to barely beat inflation.
    Ive made 9% over the last 2 years on my 401k. Maybe if you did a little research on it youd be better off. Even at 0.6% you have a 25% + EV from paying taxes on it. Tax free growth as well until you withdraw.

Ninersnut

So taking money out and getting hit with penalty is -$ while making .6% (not like anyone actually gets that return) is +$. Seems logical Emily but maybe in your world where the sky is falling and your gonna turn ur 50k to 500k getting rivered every night

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO

UntilTheNDofTimE

If emily cashed out 100k shed received like 55-60k after tax n penalty. Smmmmmarrrrt.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Ive made 9% over the last 2 years on my 401k. Maybe if you did a little research on it youd be better off. Even at 0.6% you have a 25% + EV from paying taxes on it. Tax free growth as well until you withdraw.
    How did you do the two years before. I doubt your any where near back to even yet.

BTW other than the 10% penalty I will pay the same taxes as you.

Plus I have the relief that the government can't fuk me anymore. Your going to have to sweat:

1] Raising of the age you can withdraw without penalty
    2] Increase in taxes on 401K withdraws
    3] Government takeover of all 401Ks
    4] Plus your playing a rigged game and your on the wrong team.

FindTheLock

give me some more stocks to short. I like betting on the market to fail, it is the inevitable option.

UntilTheNDofTimE

How did you do the two years before. I doubt your any where near back to even yet.

BTW other than the 10% penalty I will pay the same taxes as you.

Plus I have the relief that the government can't fuk me anymore. Your going to have to sweat:

1] Raising of the age you can withdraw without penalty
    2] Increase in taxes on 401K withdraws
    3] Government takeover of all 401Ks
    4] Plus your playing a rigged game and your on the wrong team.
    Ive only been contributing for 2 years but your rebuttal is equally stupid.

From the early 90's to 2008 people made a average of 7% a year so if a person had started there 401k in 1990 contributing 5,000 with a 2,000 company match. This wud cost them 3800 in take home income but instead they get 7,000. At 7% a year in 2007 there balance wud be 230,993. When they contributed a total of 64,600(3800 x 17 years). Lets say they lost 50% in 2008 down to 115,000. There still getting a cool 200% on there investment.

Ninersnut

Not worth it buddy hhe doesn't understand the concept of compound interest. The tin foil hat is on cause the government is out to Fukk him

Emily_Haines

Ive only been contributing for 2 years but your rebuttal is equally stupid.

From the early 90's to 2008 people made a average of 7% a year so if a person had started there 401k in 1990 contributing 5,000 with a 2,000 company match. This wud cost them 3800 in take home income but instead they get 7,000. At 7% a year in 2007 there balance wud be 230,993. When they contributed a total of 64,600(3800 x 17 years). Lets say they lost 50% in 2008 down to 115,000. There still getting a cool 200% on there investment.
    Yep, you can just count on that 7% return year after year. All it takes is two bad days and poof those three years of gains are gone. Your better of betting NFL sides than throwing your money away in stock market.

I personally like all the experts who are all still working telling me I'm stupid. Maybe if you would go against the conventional wisdom you could also break out from the slave system in American that most people are stuck in.

Ninersnut

Let us know when u get more that 15% ROI playing poker.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Yep, you can just count on that 7% return year after year. All it takes is two bad days and poof those three years of gains are gone. Your better of betting NFL sides than throwing your money away in stock market.

I personally like all the experts who are all still working telling me I'm stupid. Maybe if you would go against the conventional wisdom you could also break out from the slave system in American that most people are stuck in.
    No the slaves are the ones who pay a mortgage and finance theres lives and never get out of debt. But by going against the grain u mean liqudating your net worth 35% and tring to make a 400% return over 20 years at a game with a -4.55% house edge vs a program with a 32% APY +ev go ahead. More power to you. If you cashed out your 401k to fund a business that be a diifferent story but u made a bad financial decision to finance a -ev sports investment that u tilt at n chase.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ninersnut

FindTheLock

sports betting is less volatile than the current stock market overall.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love it when people talk about this stuff, it makes me laugh

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    sports betting is less volatile than the current stock market overall.
    True but what percent make a net profit? And sports betting isnt a tax deferred growth.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

I actually buy real estate and turn into rentals. Very easy to cash flow in this market with a continued source of people losing/unable to buy homes that will need to live somewhere. Buying properties at historically low prices makes a positive return easily attainable even when accounting for default, maintenance and upkeep.

FindTheLock

True but what percent make a net profit? And sports betting isnt a tax deferred growth.
    There are upsides and downsides to all sides. Just a matter of preference I guess. Some do better than others, but we all do it our own way...

Emily_Haines

No the slaves are the ones who pay a mortgage and finance theres lives and never get out of debt. But by going against the grain u mean liqudating your net worth 35% and tring to make a 400% return over 20 years at a game with a -4.55% house edge vs a program with a 32% APY +ev go ahead. More power to you. If you cashed out your 401k to fund a business that be a diifferent story but u made a bad financial decision to finance a -ev sports investment that u tilt at n chase.
    I paid off my house and have a few bucks left to gamble with. There is no telling you any different because you have been so conditioned by the media, government and stock advisers. I wonder how all those people in Japan felt when the Nikkie 225 dropped from 40K to 25K. Just hang in there and keep sticking 15% of your income in this sucker because historically the returns have averaged 8% for the previous 40 years.

Now 20 years later the thing has dropped from that 25K to 10K. America is going through the same thing as Japan. Major housing collapse, high unemployment and massive debt. You really think that can't happen here?

UntilTheNDofTimE

I paid off my house and have a few bucks left to gamble with. There is no telling you any different because you have been so conditioned by the media, government and stock advisers. I wonder how all those people in Japan felt when the Nikkie 225 dropped from 40K to 25K. Just hang in there and keep sticking 15% of your income in this sucker because historically the returns have averaged 8% for the previous 40 years. Now 20 years later the thing has dropped from that 25K to 10K. America is going through the same thing as Japan. Major housing collapse, high unemployment and massive debt. You really think that can't happen here?
    Must you need me to explain to you how even with a world market dropping 75% over 30 years with tax deferred growth and company matches you'd still make more money than had you saved your taxed income and stuck it in a savings account. i explained above how over 20 years if your 401k dropped 50% in 1 day you still be getting 200% on your investment.

Apparently ignorance is bliss.

Emily_Haines

Must you need me to explain to you how even with a world market dropping 75% over 30 years with tax deferred growth and company matches you'd still make more money than had you saved your taxed income and stuck it in a savings account. i explained above how over 20 years if your 401k dropped 50% in 1 day you still be getting 200% on your investment.

Apparently ignorance is bliss.

Whatever enjoy your job. I'm going to do it another way.

Ninersnut

It's amazing that a person is going to try to make a living off of a game that mainly involves math, numbers, %'s but can't understand the concept of that tricky compounding interest.