ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Women's soccer: USA/Brazil re-hash

Watching the replay now. I really don't know how BOTH announcers (Ian Darke and Julie Foudy) butchered the description of the L10 minutes that badly. Darke thought it was a 110-min cutoff, then 115-min cutoff. Granted, the Brazil injuries skewed it a bit. But 90 + 30 = 120, and neither seemed to get that. Darke must have written off the USA 5x minimum in final minutes of the game.

Also, Brazil got what they deserved on the lame time-wasting. The chic jumping off the stretcher w/ theatrics = hilarious. The Lazarus act deserves to lose, so F you Brazil. Oh, thx for the three extra minute, too.
    Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 07-12-11 at 09:29 PM. Reason: in

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, I caught the replay from about the 1:10 minute on and I couldn't figure out why they kept saying "that should about do it" at the 1:14... I kept thinking they still have 6 minutes plus any added injury time.... I even took the time to add it up again in my head 90+15+15 because I thought my brain was just on leave... aside from that, what an ending.

My favorite part of it was 1. they scored in extra time which was added from the dumb bitch who tried to kill time, got put on the stretcher, then immediately hopped up once carried off and 2. the reaction from the crowd from that point I just mentioned until the end of the game....seemed like they all wanted US to bury that goal and win it because of those dirty tactics to kill the game by Brazil.

Great match.

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Yeah, that was one of the most incredible sportcaster mistakes I've ever seen. They had me questioning myself. I was think, what am I missing here?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Let me add that I think Darke is an excellent broadcaster. Top English boxing guy, and one of the big EPL announcers. But he got it wrong by a mile in this one. As if nobody in the truck said "psst...120 minutes" into their earpieces.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Let me add that I think Darke is an excellent broadcaster. Top English boxing guy, and one of the big EPL announcers. But he got it wrong by a mile in this one. As if nobody in the truck said "psst...120 minutes" into their earpieces.
    agree, I love listening to his EPL calls and he is one of the best in the business but he was out of it in this spot