WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Verizon ruined my birthday gift!!!!!

So get this garbage. My wife wants an Iphone for her birthday and we have tried like hell to get her one, but our contract isnt up until December, and I aint paying 500 bucks for one. I know that they let you upgrade early, but Decemeber 24th IS the early upgrade date. Now, I know these cell contracts are REALLY flimsy, and the carrier can let you out of them, pretty much at the customer service person's discretion. So I get the idea to just keep calling them. I figured that eventually I would get a worker, who felt bad for me and would let me upgrade early.

After a third attempt (I am sure they were on to me, they gotta keep notes on my account right?) some lady tells me sure....I can upgrade my wife's phone early but I will have to wait until December for mine. No problem, I stil like my Andriod.....my wife will be tickled to death because she has NO idea I could get this worked out.

I get the phone sent to my parents house, so she wont know, and have the bill sent to my personal CC....which the wife doesnt have access to as far as billing.....so she'll never see it coming. I EXPLAIN ALL OF THIS TO THE VERIZON LADY...SHE KNOWS WHAT'S UP AND THINKS I AM JUST AS SWEET AS CAN BE FOR BEING SO SNEAKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well fast forward a half an hour. I text my wife and say...I just bought your bday present, youre going to be thrilled. SHe texts back "I think I know what it is." I say how the fuk so? She says (god this pisses me off) "Verizon's automated service just called my cell and asked me to take a survey on how the customer service was on my new Iphone purchase."

Did the Verizon lady bury me on purpose?

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Unreal. Tough break brother she sold you out on purpose.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sarah has the new IPhone...I got my new droid last week.....Sarah wants my phone...bad purchase...

tanner40

I've got the Incredible 2 waiting for me at home, supposed to be better than the iPhone.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    Sarah has the new IPhone...I got my new droid last week.....Sarah wants my phone...bad purchase...
    I agree 100%. My wife has always been an Iphone person, and hated her driod. In December I am getting the Thunderbolt. I have no interest in the Iphone.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    Unreal. Tough break brother she sold you out on purpose.
    I hope you're wrong...but It does look this way. She was so nice and sweet, I hope it was just an oversight. But c'mon...at least have the automated call come to my phone. I am the one who made the fukkin purchase.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

wv she owes u, that fact wont change, ur still good imho

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Wow your wife is easy on her birthday. Mine wants diamond rings and yachts on her birthdays. If I could get her to agree on an Iphone it will save me lots of money.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    I've got the Incredible 2 waiting for me at home, supposed to be better than the iPhone.
    Should have waited for the Droid Bionic.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Wow your wife is easy on her birthday. Mine wants diamond rings and yachts on her birthdays. If I could get her to agree on an Iphone it will save me lots of money.
    its ur fault pal, u got her hooked on the nicer things, always get them to settle for the less

cmon pavy

tanner40

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Should have waited for the Droid Bionic.
    K I was desperate. Current phone is unserviceable.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

that pisses me off

HenryHill
    HenryHill's Avatar Become A Pro!

hahahahahahahahahahah that's hilarious u probably deserved it u fukkin stiff hick
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

great story, I'm sure you still scored major points with the wife no matter Verizon ruined it for you.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    wv she owes u, that fact wont change, ur still good imho
    At the end of the day, this is all that matters

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by HenryHill View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahah that's hilarious u probably deserved it u fukkin stiff hick
    alright

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I hope you're wrong...but It does look this way. She was so nice and sweet, I hope it was just an oversight. But c'mon...at least have the automated call come to my phone. I am the one who made the fukkin purchase.
    well you upgraded her phone. Thus when the upgrade went through its probably automated that a survey text/call go to that number.

HenryHill

I'm thrilled his surprise was ruined HAHAHA this clown is not only a dumb hick but a fukkin STIFF as well

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

I'm thrilled his surprise was ruined HAHAHA this clown is not only a dumb hick but a fukkin STIFF as well

go smoke a pole.

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

It went through their automated system...that sucks for you. Get her something else that she would never expect and she will still be surprised, even if it's after her birthday (better yet...).

HenryHill

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    go smoke a pole.
    Smoking pole is your family's pastime, you are carrying on the family tradition and I'm sure your father, grandfather, greatgrandfather, and their fathers before them, all professional and well known pole-smokers of their time, are all very proud of you, you pole smoking fukk.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Smoking pole is your family's pastime, you are carrying on the family tradition and I'm sure your father, grandfather, greatgrandfather, and their fathers before them, all professional and well known pole-smokers of their time, are all very proud of you, you pole smoking fukk.

give us one of those losing locks.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Between the 3rd grade education of most of the call staff and the orwelian web that this technology places you in, you don;t have a chance in hell to keep anything "private"

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I agree 100%. My wife has always been an Iphone person, and hated her driod. In December I am getting the Thunderbolt. I have no interest in the Iphone.
    Do not get the Thunderbolt. Battery lasts like 8 hours.

Get the Droid Bionic, it's coming out in August.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    DROID owns the Iphone.. NO FLASH = FAILURE

-stash

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

this thread is bullshiat.

when you call Verizon BEFORE getting connected to the representative, you are asked by a robot to choose if you want to take part in a survey after your call is ended. If you choose yes they will call you back at the number you placed the call...and is not a person calling back, it's again a robot asking you how the representative was, they want to know if the representative was nice and helphul...they don't say nothing about what was discussed.

so this thread it's just some giuy wild imaginatio...probabaly the only call he got from Verizon was to tell him he's again late with his payment

WvGambler

I'll have to check the bionic out. Thunderbolt looked nice, but I assumed they'd have something new out by Christmas time.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

verizon is fukked up

I have a 22% discount thru my job and have 3 cell phones-fios and internet. lat year they wouldnt let me upgrade my phone one day early.

pissed me off. I pay about 400 amonth to verizon. its a fukkin monopoly

Just got the HTC incredible 2. i really like it. guy that helped me was very knowledgable and steered me away from the iphone. he didnt like it. i took his advice

WvGambler

Im still using the oiginal Motorola Android. Still does absolutely everything, but she's getting slow. I may wait a few months and then try to get them to let me upgrade. I think its easier on the phone...they dont seem to give as much a damn.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11818

Iphone is the greatest thing since slice bread