Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

think of it like this- what if the first 10ish games of the season never happened. do you know how far the redsox would be ahead? plus they way they're playing when you watch the games. it goes beyond their record. pitchers get no breaks against their lineup. they had this 9 game winning streak like 3 weeks ago where they were averaging 9 runs a game in that streak.

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

because there are a bunch of sox fans on espn

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    nobs the yanks arent winning the east. books are baiting you to take them. books have had bos the favorite to win the east before the season began. the yanks might not even make the playoffs. they dont have the pitching that will last the next 3 months. they have been on a good run and are playing okay but they will collapse down the stretch. red sox to win the east at -137 is a steal. see what price you can get on the yanks 30 games from now.

Red Sox to win east at -137 ???

Where is this ?

Its Red Sox -240 and Yankees +190 or higher in some places.

Where do you see Red Sox -137 ?

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by illfuuptn View Post
    Because you've had a weak ass schedule so far. Your offense is the best in baseball against average pitching but it's atrocious vs. good pitching. Cano is the only hitter on your team who doesn't get owned vs. solid pitchers. Our offense hits good pitching AND pedroia and youkilis are having the shittiest years ever. They'll probably come around whereas all of your hitter are running wayyyyy above expectation. You think texiera is going to continue hitting hr's at this pace(btw he only has like 15 hrs if he doesn't play in Yankee stadium)? Granderson is running wayyyy hotter than his true skill(he's good, but not that good). Martin is the biggest luckbox of all time hahaha his pussy is so tight and he thinks he's so hard. Bullpen variance is hilarious. Your bullpen is nowhere near as good as they're pitching. Ours is nowhere near as bad as they've been pitching. Your starting is atrocious. CC is tremendously overrated and he's your ace by a mile. Thanks for the easy division victory pussydolls. The RAYS are better than you.

Damn I can see that some rivalry these two teams have. I am not a Yankee fan, so i dont know why you keep talking like I am Hank Steinbrenner. I am just saying, this division will come down to the end like it always does, and I would rather have +200 then -260. I am just saying, can anyone really say Boston -260 is anything close to EV. You really believe the Red Sox have a 72% chance of winning this division ?

It doesnt even matter who wins the division, because the second place team gets the wild card so do you even think Boston cares that much ? Enough to lay -260 ? I am just saying, normally it would be Yankees -120 and Red Sox +100 or something like that and I think Yankees +200 to win AL East here is huge +EV.

Charles75
    Charles75's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. The time to bet the Yankees daily is now. With Jeter finally back, the offense will be clicking.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yes yankees are good

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by nobs View Post
    Red Sox to win east at -137 ???

Where is this ?

Its Red Sox -240 and Yankees +190 or higher in some places.

Where do you see Red Sox -137 ?
    Red sox to win al east was -137 at pinny yesterday

JVP3122
    JVP3122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Beckett + Lester + Buchholz > Sabathia

I know that Colon and Garcia have been surprisingly good, but that won't last.

Yankees do have the better bullpen though, which may be most key
    As of right now Sabathia+Colon > Beckett+Lester. Considering Buchholz is on the DL, I don't know why you're including him. You say that Colon won't last, but you have no information to support that claim.

Also, the Yankees are getting Phil Hughes back, and while that doesn't mean anything based on how he pitched this season and towards the end of last season, if he's even 75% of what he was at the beginning of the year last year then that's a pretty solid arm to add to the mix, too.

JVP3122

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    think of it like this- what if the first 10ish games of the season never happened. do you know how far the redsox would be ahead? plus they way they're playing when you watch the games. it goes beyond their record. pitchers get no breaks against their lineup. they had this 9 game winning streak like 3 weeks ago where they were averaging 9 runs a game in that streak.
    That's ridiculous. They did happen. It's like saying, what if the Red Sox didn't go 3-6 against the Padres, Pirates, and Phillies? What if the Yanks had close to a .500 record against the Sox? Pitchers get no breaks against their lineup, except Varitek, McDonald, and Drew. Once Crawford comes back his fantastic .243 average takes the place of McDonald's. The Red Sox aren't nearly as good as ESPN wants you to believe. While the Yankees have been playing above their potential (in my opinion), they still have plenty of games against the Sox to end the season. Everyone seems to forget when the Yanks started 0-8 against the Sox two years ago and came back and finished 8-1 against them.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by illfuuptn View Post
    Because you've had a weak ass schedule so far. Your offense is the best in baseball against average pitching but it's atrocious vs. good pitching. Cano is the only hitter on your team who doesn't get owned vs. solid pitchers. Our offense hits good pitching AND pedroia and youkilis are having the shittiest years ever. They'll probably come around whereas all of your hitter are running wayyyyy above expectation. You think texiera is going to continue hitting hr's at this pace(btw he only has like 15 hrs if he doesn't play in Yankee stadium)? Granderson is running wayyyy hotter than his true skill(he's good, but not that good). Martin is the biggest luckbox of all time hahaha his pussy is so tight and he thinks he's so hard. Bullpen variance is hilarious. Your bullpen is nowhere near as good as they're pitching. Ours is nowhere near as bad as they've been pitching. Your starting is atrocious. CC is tremendously overrated and he's your ace by a mile. Thanks for the easy division victory pussydolls. The RAYS are better than you.
    This was a horrible post.....spoken like a true homer. Your blind prejudice screams through loud and clear.
    Its awfully early to start talking like you have the division wrapped up when you're down 3 games and playing like shit.
    All of your critiques in the above post are incorrect and I want to take a second to rip them apart.
    *Martin is clearly better than your old washed up catcher and hes been a great addition to our line-up.
    *Tex is a stud and his stats this year are on par with his career stats so I'm not sure why you're expecting a decline.
    *Granderson is a stud and although he might be playing slightly over his head I expect him to remain at a high level through out the season
    *CC is a monster and would be a 1A\1B type pitcher in any rotation in the league
    *The rays are not better than us. Period.
    *We play the same exact schedule as you. Are you really crying about schedule?

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Yes I see the line is much lower now. It was Red Sox -260/ Yankees +200 now I checked and I see its Red Sox -150/Yankees +115. That seems more in line with what the price should be.

Galante118
    Galante118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

sabathia and colon are better then lester and beckett...how much crack do you smoke...granderson playing over his head, your ss is washed up, your staff is weak afer c.c. stop it. wait until crawford comes back and plays like crawford lol the red sox have a better line up and a better staff.

JVP3122

Quote Originally Posted by Galante118 View Post
    sabathia and colon are better then lester and beckett...how much crack do you smoke...granderson playing over his head, your ss is washed up, your staff is weak afer c.c. stop it. wait until crawford comes back and plays like crawford lol the red sox have a better line up and a better staff.
    Look at the stats, buddy (Starters' ERA - Yankees:3.63, Red Sox:4.05, Relievers' ERA - Yankees:3.08, Red Sox:3.75). They say it all. Also, you say that Colon will come back down to earth, yet you don't expect Beckett to? Beckett has been one of the top five pitchers in baseball this season, his ERA is 2.12 (while his career ERA with the Red Sox before this season is 4.30) and you don't think he's going to fall off? I'll ask you the same question, how much crack do you smoke? Not only is your starting rotation not nearly as good as you or ESPN would like us to believe, but what are you going to do late in the season when you give a lead to Papelbon? The guy has an ERA of 3.90 combining last season and this one. You say our staff is week after CC, but I say yours is weak after Lester.

Crawford playing like Crawford is asking a lot. He didn't demonstrate that he could do it before he got hurt, what makes you think he'll do it when he comes back?
    Last edited by JVP3122; 07-06-11 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Added Team ERA

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

I guess the arod surgery isn't good news.

First 12