Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

It's been a fun run...

For 3 years, I put a lot of my vanilla plays in the SBR spreadsheet. Mainly sides and totals where the market allowed at least 1k for a single click. My goal in doing this was to show that anyone could beat these mid-sized markets who 1. handicapped, and 2. did a minimal amount of line shopping. After almost 1600 plays, it has shown an ROI of over 3%, which I consider a success. If you focused on props, futures, derivatives, you can do much better than 3% (but with smaller limits). In 3 years, I'd guess I've also answered perhaps a thousand questions on sports betting via pm or email, which I have always tried to do promptly.

I am no longer putting plays in the spreadsheet. In the past, chasers were likely to win going forward, even at slightly worse numbers. Changes in my betting arrangements mean that anyone chasing these numbers is no longer likely to win going forward. This makes the picks useless to followers. My time commitments have gone up also.. I'll still answer questions, but not provoke as many with posted plays.

Best of luck.

saints7011
    saints7011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

justin7dotcom...

we dont tout...

we advise...

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Sorry to hear this Justin you will be missed.

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

never knew you posted those plays, , i guesss imissed out , my bad as usual

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

sbrjohn can no longer afford to pay justin7.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    Sorry to hear this Justin you will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    sbrjohn can no longer afford to pay justin7.
    He is not leaving

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

U wont be a moderator as well?.....or just stop posting plays?

SBR has literally sucked the life out of me. I used to go out with friends, meet new people, see new places.

Now all I do is sit in front of computer and post at SBR

Good for you justin if you plan to quit SBR. Thanks for everything you have done to the forum

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    He is not leaving
    did I say that?

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

He never said he was leaving. Justin is still a part of SBR and that is not changing. He is a great asset to SBR.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

good luck with your new betting arrangements justin , im sure you will do great

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

spreadsheets are like freerolling...

if you win, you say "hey, look at me!!"...

if you lose, no one notices...

Try posting Royalty Plays and Lock Threads directed at Corbin on a daily basis Pal...

You'd be bald in a month from the stress...

Extra Innings

Not to be a jerk off but 5year CD's yield 2.4% / 2.5% with no risk/effort. What saith you?

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Extra Innings

did I say that?
    It was an inference..."sbr-john can no longer pay justin7"...if they stop paying the guy he will no longer work here...he will leave.

flyingillini

Not to be a jerk off but 5year CD's yield 2.4% / 2.5% with no risk/effort. What saith you?
    EI, just invested in something that is paying off 12.5% but has a 5 year hold and a large minimum investment with an insane potential guey!

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post

EI, just invested in something that is paying off 12.5% but has a 5 year hold and a large minimum investment with an insane potential guey!
    well im talking zero risk...yayo from Bolivia has risk.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Best of luck on your future Justin!

flyingillini

well im talking zero risk...yayo from Bolivia has risk.
    Orale, completely legal with minimal risk but I always take risks.....Lots of opportunity in the "Ya Area"

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

u can get much higher % with no risk.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

soooo....what? i mean, what does this mean?

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

true...im just talking cd's but even the best gamblers are going to have down years unless Justin thinks he is Billy Walters

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

U wont be a moderator as well?.....or just stop posting plays?

SBR has literally sucked the life out of me. I used to go out with friends, meet new people, see new places.

Now all I do is sit in front of computer and post at SBR

Good for you justin if you plan to quit SBR. Thanks for everything you have done to the forum
    are you crazy ? i used to run the roads ,drink licker and whorehop so bad. and you would be to if it wasnt for sbr & friends. hell i even can spell a little better now , god bless sbr . . .an texas

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    are you crazy ? i used to run the roads ,drink licker and whorehop so bad. and you would be to if it wasnt for sbr & friends. god bless sbr . . .an texas

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

How is this? where do I go?

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Justin7 you do too much already, thxs pal

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Nice to see you realized the fact

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

3 percent hardly seems worth the effort,let alone the possible loss of bankroll

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by frankzig View Post
    3 percent hardly seems worth the effort,let alone the possible loss of bankroll

my savings account is getting 2.5% and I don't have to waste time trying to pick a winner.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    For 3 years, I put a lot of my vanilla plays in the SBR spreadsheet. Mainly sides and totals where the market allowed at least 1k for a single click. My goal in doing this was to show that anyone could beat these mid-sized markets who 1. handicapped, and 2. did a minimal amount of line shopping. After almost 1600 plays, it has shown an ROI of over 3%, which I consider a success. If you focused on props, futures, derivatives, you can do much better than 3% (but with smaller limits). In 3 years, I'd guess I've also answered perhaps a thousand questions on sports betting via pm or email, which I have always tried to do promptly.

I am no longer putting plays in the spreadsheet. In the past, chasers were likely to win going forward, even at slightly worse numbers. Changes in my betting arrangements mean that anyone chasing these numbers is no longer likely to win going forward. This makes the picks useless to followers. My time commitments have gone up also.. I'll still answer questions, but not provoke as many with posted plays.

Best of luck.
    All that money you invested and only 3 percent is not really good and plus add the time in

Use all that money and invest in real estate or Dow Stocks and in long run and your way ahead of the game compared to sports betting

Sports Betting is a good hobby but as far as making real money it is chump change

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks justin: Learned a lot from your posts.....brilliant mind

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LOL I love all the investment advice in this thread.

I will just give generic reasons as to why people wouldnt invest in these so called 'you can get better rates on XXX' options. The 'safe' stuff with the best returns usually have minimum deposits amounts that 99.999999% of anyone that posts on a forum board has never seen let alone owned. Most of them lock it in with the inability to get at it, or if you do withdraw it you pay massive penalties, and lose much of if not all of the interest accrued. And then of course there are taxes, which will have to paid in a lot of these so called good investments. At least if you profit from them.

Those are just the basics. Obviously the more intricate you get them ore intricate the issues become. But if there were any safe option that would provide a lot more than 3% return most people would be doing them. Since there arent then it is safe to assume that the ones that are either arent legal, a scam, or require much more than the average person could provide.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

did I say that?
    Sideloaded...is that really your sister in your avatar? Incest is best.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LOL I love all the investment advice in this thread.

I will just give generic reasons as to why people wouldnt invest in these so called 'you can get better rates on XXX' options. The 'safe' stuff with the best returns usually have minimum deposits amounts that 99.999999% of anyone that posts on a forum board has never seen let alone owned. Most of them lock it in with the inability to get at it, or if you do withdraw it you pay massive penalties, and lose much of if not all of the interest accrued. And then of course there are taxes, which will have to paid in a lot of these so called good investments. At least if you profit from them.

Those are just the basics. Obviously the more intricate you get them ore intricate the issues become. But if there were any safe option that would provide a lot more than 3% return most people would be doing them. Since there arent then it is safe to assume that the ones that are either arent legal, a scam, or require much more than the average person could provide.
    No investment advice...10k to 100k for most of those rates quoted (guaranteed). If you don't have that than the 3% achieved with anything you would have done via sports betting is useless from a "value" standpoint (time invested in developing models and researching plays). Trust me, the big books are rolling their profits into the market, business ventures, and real estate...they're not gambling with it even though they are ahead of the curve.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

There's no such thing as a guaranteed return in double digits with zero risk. Doesn't exist. Regardless of how large or small the initial investment is. I know people who are investors in some of the most successful and exclusive hedge funds in the market, and while these numbers are certainly expected and often greatly exceeded, none of the fund managers would dare to utter the dreaded "guarantee" clause. The men investing the type of capital it requires to even join would run for the hills if they heard that.

With the amounts Justin claims to be wagering, 3% annual return in the current climate would have investors lined up to join.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Why 3% ROI per bet is not the same as a 3% annual return.

If you have an ROI of 3%, and make 1600 plays, you more quadruple your money with 1600 plays (if you risk 3% of your bank per play). Over 3 years, that is an annual yield of about 62% on your capital. If you have bonuses, even better. I haven't found any CDs that do that, that will actually pay.

123 Last