38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 86.84%
  • No

5 13.16%
    kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

reverse psychology. overtip on bad service and they never forget you. guilt kills. will treat you like a god everytime you come back.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I always tip. If I go to a club to check out some live music and know it will get packed, I'll walk up to the bar and pre-tip. I'll tell the bartender, "I want you to remember me." so that when the bar gets 4-5 deep I'm still getting my drinks first. I've had some people get pissed when the bartender looks past them to serve me.

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

It's a bit different in the Netherlands because waitresses, bartenders etc can live of their basic wage around here. Still tip generously though, unless their attitude or service really sucks.

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

lol people acting like bigshots very rarely do you get the truth on these internets.

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1911

i picture the posters on this board tipping like clark grizzwald in vegas vacation..with a handful of change

ScreaminPain
    ScreaminPain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3172

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Guys who don't tip = scumbags

Waitresses minimum wage is just over two bucks an hour....sure that's not your problem but if you don't have compassion for someone who basically works a miserable job then yes, you're a scumbag.
    Scumbags?......Why?

Why tip some skank that cannot even get a GED and now has to work as a gum chewing waitress? The only "compassion" I'll show is to college kids waitressing to get thru school. Waitressing will obviously not be their livelyhood, but it will allow flexible scheduling to get thru school. I tip them generously, according to the attention given.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Seems mixed about the tipping of waitresses, I will leave a tip, but bad/poor service will make me think about not going there again.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminPain View Post
    Scumbags?......Why? Why tip some skank that cannot even get a GED and now has to work as a gum chewing waitress? The only "compassion" I'll show is to college kids waitressing to get thru school. Waitressing will obviously not be their livelyhood, but it will allow flexible scheduling to get thru school. I tip them generously, according to the attention given.
    because "that skank" as you so kindly put it only makes $2/hr that's why

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

how come blacks don't tip??

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

Restaurant - 17-20%; have given more when server surprises us w/ free dessert
    Barber - 25-30%
    Delivery food - 15%

Don't really see the mail/garbage/newspaper guys since I live in an apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    This will be racist, but I think they just can't do the math. There are millions of brilliant blacks, but in terms of "Expected Intelligence", I think they simply can't figure out the correct percentage. So, in order to be prudent, they'll tip a little on the short side to make sure they don't screw themselves over.

The worst tippers, however, are probably Asians (orientals and indians); they can definitely do the math, but will still leave around 10-15% (at least from what I've seen so far).

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

I cater for a Greek restaurant and wait tables, so i really rely on tips!! I catered 1300 dollars worth of food to some lady other week for her wedding and some how she forgot to tips. lucky the people working the banquet scene noticed that and told her it would be polite. she gave me a 20

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always tip regardless of service

rochestertitans
    betpoints ARE MY ONLY BANKROLL
    rochestertitans's Avatar Become A Pro!

never, i feel that the owners of the business take advantage of the public tipping, if those servants were paid a fair wage, tipping wouldnt even be a question, but restraunt owners expect the public to pay their employees

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    how come this forum is filled with racists. i would love to see any of you cowards in person and have you express the same sentiments to this black man. you people live so much in the stone ages.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Always, depends how good the service was depends how much I leave.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

If everyone who posted in this thread came to my restaurant... I'd be a happy camper. A lot of people leave 5 or 10 percent and it blows. The job sucks beyond all belief but the money can be decent sometimes and the hours are flexible so I can still take classes. As a server myself, I tip 15% for bad, 20% for good and 25% for excellent. If I know the person/they hook me up, I'll give upwards of 40%.

First 12