Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

How can you get energy from zero calories?

These 5 Hour Energy commercials are totally bogus, no? Aren't calories the only thing that can convert to energy?

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

How many calories does coke have?? Im sure Illini will tell u he gets a ton of energy after he does a few lines!!

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Makes you more alert/focused same way caffeine with no calories does I guess

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

Powerade Zero works pretty well for me. No calories, caffeine, or sugar. Just Vitamin B mostly.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think u need to file a lawsuite for the bogus claim

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

wondered this myself. They make zero carb rockstar and sugar free rockstar. dosent energy drinks come from sugar mostly?

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Drinks like 5 hour energy actually just trick your body into thinking you have more energy, without actually supplying you with more energy.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Might be just a mind thing but the two times I had it worked wonders for me. Pulled an all nighter drinking and was all hungover for a 630 teetime. Downed one before the round and shot the round of my life. Second time I made a killing during a 14 poker session. Not sure why I don't take them more often...

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

will you be a cub next year? i know they blow you everytime they see you.... tell us whats up

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Meth and Coke both work pretty well, to much of a light weight for those? Addys do the trick, like energy in a pill.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

IDK

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your body will burn fat and muscle for energy. Problem though is if you're not getting enough calories, your body will go into conservation mode and storing fat because it is the most efficient way to store energy. Then muscle wasting begins and you end up with a lower number on the scale but a higher fat to muscle content ratio. Basically you end up a fatter fukking slob than you already were even though you weigh less

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Your body will burn fat and muscle for energy. Problem though is if you're not getting enough calories, your body will go into conservation mode and storing fat because it is the most efficient way to store energy. Then muscle wasting begins and you end up with a lower number on the scale but a higher fat to muscle content ratio. Basically you end up a fatter fukking slob than you already were even though you weigh less
    Very true with meth/coke. not so much with addys cause you can still eat.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

dont fukk with that , get you some baby green lima beans , cook 90 mins on low to med , suck broth tho straw , but dont tell to many people what your into, atlest i dont

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The only thing this gives me is the 5 hour shits

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Skinny fat.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Crack gives you mad energy son. Zero calories.

txmagnolia2
    txmagnolia2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

5hr energy is a joke.. just buy some no doze and B vitamins

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Yeah the thing is they dont advertise the diminishing returns on it. The more you drink the less effective it is the following times.

when I did triathalons I would take hits of caffeine befor the big ones only, so I wouldnt build up a tolerance to it and make it less effective. The more you take it the less effective it is. It is akin to a boost of adrenaline actually. As long as you dont use it too much. But back then (early 90s) it wasnt really a scientific fact that caffeine did improve performance like it is now.It was an urban legend mostly.

I dont drink or use anything with caffeine in it these days. Because it isnt all that great for you and the long term effects are all negative. But it is all spun in a way that hints that caffeine is good for you. In small controlled situations it mght be, but like I say the diminishing returns on its use are basically immediate.