chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    A Stern show fan. Al Michaels got the joke. Still a classic. I was still in HS and thought it was stupid. Got way too much coverage.
    i had lost a grand at turfway park. Was playing gin in a bar with friends who have since past. Funniest thing was 1 of the guyswife had tried to sneek up on him at the bar. She was wasted herself. We get a phone call from her stating that she was in a police car out back. I tried to get her husband to answer the call but he thought it was a prank and wouldn't answer the phone. Needless to say; after she got out of the clink; he had a rough month!

clarkacal
    clarkacal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't remember what I was doing during the chase, but I remember the verdict. When I went on campus after the not guilty verdict all the blacks were celebrating and running around. Had a profound effect on my thoughts about race.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Don't remember it at all, was probably outside actually doing something with my life. How times have changed.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I was driving home from work with a car pool group on the over side of town. The drive usually takes 70 minutes because of traffic. For some reason traffic was very lite and the drive was less than fifty minutes. During the drive we tuned into KNX radio and the first thing we heard was Coach John McKay pleading over the radio for O.J. to turn himself over to the police. It seems longer than 17 years ago to me.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I was 23 years old rooting for the Knicks to win the NBA Title

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Was 8 years old. I lived in Niagara Falls NY at that time just 20 miles or so outside of Buffalo where OJ was a NFL hero, my dad grew up there and he was one of his personal heroes growing up. I remember my dad being severly upset and disturbed, we spent almost every day watching the trial. The whole area of upstate new york was glued to their tvs for this trial. I will NEVER forget as this was a critical point in youth. 8 years old is right about where I think most people start to have more vivid memories and my early mind is full of the OJ chase and trial.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

I WAS SITTING IN THE IRISH SOCIAL CLUB WITH JOHNNY KNOCKDOWN AND THE BOYS SAYING MAN THIS IS ONE DUMB NIGERIAN YOU NEVER RUN FROM THE POLICE IF YOUR NOT GUILTY

I GUESS IT ALL EVENED OUT IN THE END OJ IS BEHIND BARS WHERE HE BELONGS IT JUST TOOK AN EXTRA 7 OR 8 YEARS

POOR BOB KADASHIAN WOULD BE ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE IF HE KNEW HIS WIFE WAS BANGING ANOTHER WOMEN BRUCE JENNER AND HIS DAUGHTERS ARE ALL MARRYING NIGERIANS MAYBE ROBERT IS IN A BETTER PLACE AFTER ALL

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

100% yelling at the TV cuz they took the Rockets vs Knicks off for a bit! I was living with my mom then i was in the game room!! Better ? where were u when he got aquitted??

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    I WAS SITTING IN THE IRISH SOCIAL CLUB WITH JOHNNY KNOCKDOWN AND THE BOYS SAYING MAN THIS IS ONE DUMB NIGERIAN YOU NEVER RUN FROM THE POLICE IF YOUR NOT GUILTY

I GUESS IT ALL EVENED OUT IN THE END OJ IS BEHIND BARS WHERE HE BELONGS IT JUST TOOK AN EXTRA 7 OR 8 YEARS

POOR BOB KADASHIAN WOULD BE ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE IF HE KNEW HIS WIFE WAS BANGING ANOTHER WOMEN BRUCE JENNER AND HIS DAUGHTERS ARE ALL MARRYING NIGERIANS MAYBE ROBERT IS IN A BETTER PLACE AFTER ALL
    Stfu

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

I watched it all and watched the whole freaking trial. It was good stuff.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

i was at the ball park playing 13-14 yr all stars.

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

i was 3 learning how to use the toilet i believe. Probably watching power rangers.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

watching nba finals

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by clarkacal View Post
    I don't remember what I was doing during the chase, but I remember the verdict. When I went on campus after the not guilty verdict all the blacks were celebrating and running around. Had a profound effect on my thoughts about race.
    Those cops had just got acquitted in the rodney king trial. They beat that mans ass on video, and walked. Blacks were just happy that for once, the black guy won. That's why we were so happy. Not because a black guy killed a white woman.

First 12