thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

with all the end of steriods in baseball, i am sick of the 2-1 games, i am becoming a bigger soccer fan

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fishhead this is a bad team regardless of the win against a High School soccer team

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

The US team sucks so bad. They barely won that game against such a terrible team. How many shots went off the cross bar for Guadeloupe? I will never bet on the US team again unless I am betting on them to lose getting great odds. The US soccer team is like Andy Roddick is in tennis. They both get -1200 lines and they both end up losing with disappointing results to terrible opponents.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

its time for us as americans to admit this is a sport we will never really be great at and the general public will never care much about despite the rest of the worlds craziness over it. although i gotta admit i never could watch hockey before hdtv. its a great sport when you can actually see the puck.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Dempsey is a tool. Misses a tap in.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    we need a separate forum for women's sports!!
    why would you need a separate forum for baseball?

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Get it together Gold. Soccer in the country is always improving. Go back to watching chicks on my free cams.

Spartan14745
    Spartan14745's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    The US team sucks so bad. They barely won that game against such a terrible team. How many shots went off the cross bar for Guadeloupe? I will never bet on the US team again unless I am betting on them to lose getting great odds. The US soccer team is like Andy Roddick is in tennis. They both get -1200 lines and they both end up losing with disappointing results to terrible opponents.
    You obviously don't watch soccer unless your degenerate ass can bet on the game.

DID ANYBODY IN THIS FRICKIN THREAD WATCH THE WORLD CUP LAST YEAR??? That team rocked this country even if it was just for a month, gave us some GREAT memories of the game. I really hope the US team (this team and future teams) can get some classy fans that appreciate the game and appreciate the fact that we have a competitive team, because if the level of douche bags that are in this thread rises the team is doomed.

PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD = CLOSET SPORTS FANS

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan14745 View Post
    You obviously don't watch soccer unless your degenerate ass can bet on the game.

DID ANYBODY IN THIS FRICKIN THREAD WATCH THE WORLD CUP LAST YEAR??? That team rocked this country even if it was just for a month, gave us some GREAT memories of the game. I really hope the US team (this team and future teams) can get some classy fans that appreciate the game and appreciate the fact that we have a competitive team, because if the level of douche bags that are in this thread rises the team is doomed.

PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD = CLOSET SPORTS FANS
    I probably watch more soccer than most people, and if you claim to watch soccer and still think the US team is good then you're a blind homer. Get over yourself for a minute and talk about what you saw that was good about beating Guadeloupe by 1 goal? Did you see Guadeloupe Division 2 french soccer players getting tons of scoring chances?

FindTheLock

Not to mention England's goalie allowed the US team to draw in the world cup by letting the softest goal I've ever seen in my life roll past him. The US team got so lucky in the world cup, and if you knew anything about soccer you would know that lol

RubberKettle

Beating Guadeloupe by 1 goal in the Gold Cup is really meaningless. Anyone trying to paint a broad outline of how good or bad the US team on account of their performance last night is a dimwit.

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Beating Guadeloupe by 1 goal in the Gold Cup is really meaningless. Anyone trying to paint a broad outline of how good or bad the US team on account of their performance last night is a dimwit.
    There are numerous examples of how bad this US team is. Did you forget they lost to Panama in a tournament they are trying to win? They got spanked by Spain, but you're right we are all dimwits for not agreeing with you.

RubberKettle

There are numerous examples of how bad this US team is. Did you forget they lost to Panama in a tournament they are trying to win? They got spanked by Spain, but you're right we are all dimwits for not agreeing with you.

Did you even read what I wrote. How is this USA soccer team is bad?

Sure we are not a top European or S. American team, but the USA is a competent team who have reached the knockout stage twice in last three world cups. You draw these these conclusions from the buildup matches and games in an almost meaningless tournament. Winning a Gold Cup is great and obviously the goal of the team, but its not the end of the world.

BTW Spain can beat anyone 4-0 guy so please fukk off now.

RubberKettle

The US team got so lucky in the world cup, and if you knew anything about soccer you would know that lol

Luckiest? When they had TWO goals wrongly disallowed? GTFO guy. I would say they were the unluckiest team at WC 2010.

FindTheLock

Luckiest? When they had TWO goals wrongly disallowed? GTFO guy. I would say they were the unluckiest team at WC 2010.
    They had one game where they played well against a bad team and had some bad calls. Good argument. People like you prove Europeans correct when they call Americans stupid. Let's make excuses for why the US mens team squeaks by these powerhouses like Guadeloupe and loses to monsters like Panama. I am done arguing over the internet with a person cheering for the Bruins.

RubberKettle

They had one game where they played well against a bad team and had some bad calls. Good argument. People like you prove Europeans correct when they call Americans stupid. Let's make excuses for why the US mens team squeaks by these powerhouses like Guadeloupe and loses to monsters like Panama. I am done arguing over the internet with a person cheering for the Bruins.
    Please run along now and don't forget your helmet.

FindTheLock

Please run along now and don't forget your helmet.
    I won't forget. Make sure your family members put all the pieces together correctly on the assembly line.

saske
    saske's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think USA have good team... on theyr level they are playing normal )

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

US have a good team, but they need new fresh players.

Same old Donovan, Dempsey and Altidore is not cutting it any more.

Shwentas
    Shwentas's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was a tough win for USA

jjgold

We do not have a lot of young talent

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

had to win

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

you sir are the stupidest mofo on this forum

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    you sir are the stupidest mofo on this forum
    at least you got one thing right. You called me sir.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

The problem is you're training your football players like american football players. This is a sport where skill is greater than strength. Being strong and fit is very important but if you don't have the brains and skill to control the ball, pass it and shoot it properly you won't succeed.

The average soccer player that retires lives past the age of 60, there is less head bashing and more using your feet in this sport which is normally called 'football'.

RubberKettle

Seriously what more do you want from them in a World Cup. They were one of the best stories at the 2010 WC. They grabbed the attention of this nation and showed how awesome soccer can be even if the game only has one goal. We have come so far as a soccer nation its amazing.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

at least you got one thing right. You called me sir.
    this guy must be an England fan

never fukkin heard of ya pal

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    this guy must be an England fan

never fukkin heard of ya pal
    I live in the US but I am wise enough to see things for what they are. I never heard of you either, so that must make you an idiot in my eyes? Is that your logic? You are on a forum talking shit on the internet about popularity. Go outside and meet some people in the real world, might learn some people skills. PAL! lol
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SRBI

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

I live in the US but I am wise enough to see things for what they are. I never heard of you either, so that must make you an idiot in my eyes? Is that your logic? You are on a forum talking shit on the internet about popularity. Go outside and meet some people in the real world, might learn some people skills. PAL! lol

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    The problem is you're training your football players like american football players. This is a sport where skill is greater than strength. Being strong and fit is very important but if you don't have the brains and skill to control the ball, pass it and shoot it properly you won't succeed.

The average soccer player that retires lives past the age of 60, there is less head bashing and more using your feet in this sport which is normally called 'football'.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

I have to agree with FTL. If the US truly did "impress" you at the last world cup, then that either means you have no idea what good soccer looks like, or your opinion of them was so low that it could only go up. I'm not basing my opinion on one game, but yesterdays performance alone made me sick. Donovan can't finish from the 6 yard box. Dempsey plays like a scrub. All against a team that had no hope of advancing. Simply put, we aren't skilled enough to finish when we should. I'm not saying we are a terrible team, but we are severely overrated. I think that was made clear when we lost to Panama and struggled to beat Guadalupe.

jjgold

Most of our players cannot not even play on the above average Euro teams
    We are not a soccer nation, its popular here but we do not have it and lack committent

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

jj you ar elost bud. USA soccer is improving everyday

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Man i been very surprised at the level of criticism aimed at the US soccer team by their own fans , USA have steadily been improving throughout the last 20-25 years and even some recent efforts been very good (You folk forgotten you beat Spain a couple of years back ) I do think the World Cup effort was disappointing but hey if drawing with England (Who tell us every World Cup they gonna win it lol ) is disappointing then perhaps thats a truer measure of how far soccer has come in the USA - Panama defeat was bad no getting away from that but i'm sure they atone for that in Semi- Final . Good Luck USA - Keep the Faith Guys !!!!!!!!!!

First 123 Last