Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

The #1 thing that bugs me about soccer

is that you never know when the game will end.

How hard is it to stop the clock when the whistle blows and a player is down? Do this and the dam game can end when the clock reaches 0 or 90. Always got to have this bullshit extra 3-4 minutes that seemingly expires whenever the referee feels like it.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

How hard is it to stop the clock when the whistle blows and a player is down? Do this and the dam game can end when the clock reaches 0 or 90. Always got to have this bullshit extra 3-4 minutes that seemingly expires whenever the referee feels like it.
    Emily, I never thought we'd ever agree on anything, but you hit the nail on the head with this one. It just seems easier to stop the clock than keep everybody wondering when its all going to be over.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Soccer is stupid on so many fronts. FIFA or whatever the main governing body is refuses to move soccer into the modern era and is hell bent on letting their sport rot.
    And while I think its absurd that so many life long losers go on about fixes in the NBA or NFL... I do believe soccer to be the one major sport afflicted with match fixing over and over.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

I loved the MISL back in the 80's. Great action and high scoring games.

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

Well the ref actually stops his own clock and knows how long the extra time will be.

jcadwell
    jcadwell's Avatar Become A Pro!

the thing that i hate most about soccer is how everybody flops on the ground to get penalties... so pathetic

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

Quote Originally Posted by jcadwell View Post
    the thing that i hate most about soccer is how everybody flops on the ground to get penalties... so pathetic
    The NBA isn't much better. Kobe,Lebron,Wade,Ginobili etc. are some of the biggest floppers i've ever seen.

They are so good that they can start they acting career in Hollywood after they're done with Basketball.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jcadwell View Post
    I love soccer, but I would say these are two of my least favorite things about the sport (particularly the diving, but I do agree that the undefined stoppage time amount is somewhat stupid).

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Emily_Haines what a gay name for a male poster seriously did you and RoxyFish pick the gayest handles on here to try and scam degens for points pretending to be females than get outed and now are stuck with the gayest names on SBR?

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

is its boring

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

not much action at all

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

I think that the soccer clock should be 30 mins for half, but running only when the ball is in play. And the clock should be open for everyone. That way the delay tactics would diminish, and the coaches would stop complaining for the clock.

The problem with the diving in soccer is that a penalty kick is worth a lot, almost 1/3 of the total scoring of the game. So, there is a big incentive to try to deceive the referee. The only solution I see is being more drastic with yellow and red cards to divers.

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

they add the time of the stoppages during the game and then that is the extra time, especially when the amount of time added on is shown on the screen. How is that hard?