wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Athletic Bios

Athletic Bios

I think most of us here have played sports at one time or another and some may still be involved. So let’s hear about the sport’s you played and the memories you have.

Football: I went out for JV football my 8th grade year but had a disagreement with the coach and elected to not play. I wanted to play quarterback and he wanted me to play line. This continued throughout my high school career so I continued to boycott organized football.

It was not the end of my storied football past though. From 1982-1984 I was the best pre-class and lunchtime sandlot QB in the entire county, possibly the state and for those who saw me play some might say the world.

After high school I would go on to coach youth football for the next 20 years and along the way coach future professional players (albeit very short lived careers) Michael Nattiel and Keith Kelsey. During those years I had many innovative offensive contributions to the game, none more important at least in this area than the Wally Double.

Baseball: I played 3 years of varsity baseball at 3rd base and while you may find this an exaggeration I wrapped up my high school career with batting average of 1000 I was 3-3 in 3 pinch hitting appearances. Now some of you might think I wasted 3 years to have only seen action 3 times in all that time but I was dedicated to perfecting my ability.

After high school I spent the next 20 years coaching youth baseball and twice made an appearance in the state tournament.

I also spent a number of years playing softball for various rec leagues. I never made it on the big time leagues simply because I wasn’t a long ball hitter and there enough calling for a slow-pitch contact hitter with my limited speed and unlimited size.

Basketball: Never gave basketball a go during my high school days but there is a good chance that I was one of the best H.O.R.S.E. players at Newberry High. I spent the next 20 years coaching in the youth leagues. Won 10 championships over that time between the 11-12 and 13-14 age groups. Gave AAU a go but at that level you tend to get kids so spread out that practices are difficult and you are basically just managing a line-up on gamedays.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

What, no former athletes here? Someone here at least qualified for Special Olympics, don't be shy be proud and tell us about the glory days.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

played football 2 years at the university of west ga.

Bo$$ Bet$
    Bo$$ Bet$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Was a closer n highschool baseball could hit any spot the catcher put his mitt decent fastball dirty nasty slider/curve ball won state senior year...the year I quit

Highschool basketball could make it rain 3's all day

No college to stupid just partied it all up