Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Read before voting...

The Ant & the Grasshopper in 2008

Two Different Versions!
    Two Different Morals!

OLD VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY:
    Be responsible for yourself!

MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press
    conference and demands to know why the ant should be
    allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp
    contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.'

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the
    ant's house where the news stations film the group
    singing, 'We shall overcome.' Jesse then has the
    group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's
    sake.

Nancy Pelosi & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair
    share.

Hillary and Barack go on national television agreeing that the plight of the grasshopper is the fault of George Bush.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity &
    Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the
    government.

Obama gets his old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal
    judges that Bill Clinton appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Be very careful how you vote in 2008 or you house will be overrun by spiders.

InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    The Ant & the Grasshopper in 2008

Two Different Versions!
    Two Different Morals!

OLD VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY:
    Be responsible for yourself!

MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press
    conference and demands to know why the ant should be
    allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp
    contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.'

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the
    ant's house where the news stations film the group
    singing, 'We shall overcome.' Jesse then has the
    group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's
    sake.

Nancy Pelosi & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair
    share.

Hillary and Barack go on national television agreeing that the plight of the grasshopper is the fault of George Bush.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity &
    Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the
    government.

Obama gets his old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal
    judges that Bill Clinton appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Be very careful how you vote in 2008 or you house will be overrun by spiders.
    Thank god I am a Canadian living in Canada!!!

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Or the grasshopper could gamble all his money away and be forced to apply for a second mortgage, all while proclaiming to be the greatest handicapper in the world. He makes videos of himself smoking weed like it is as "cool" as it was in high school and hands out his -EV picks to a group of forum-goers to lose their money with him. He stiffs a betting site that offered him a line of credit. Out of desperation, he is forced to become their whore. He becomes jealous of others' success, attempting to slander every proven handicapper on the forum and calls one of the handicapper's children "monkeys." The grasshopper posts meaningless political propaganda and votes against his own self-interest. He shivers at night because he is broke and lonely, doing absolutely nothing to improve his lifestyle. He dies a bitter man.

MORAL OF THE STORY:
    Don't be a Richkas.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Or the grasshopper could gamble all his money away and be forced to apply for a second mortgage, all while proclaiming to be the greatest handicapper in the world. He makes videos of himself smoking weed like it is as "cool" as it was in high school and hands out his -EV picks to a group of forum-goers to lose their money with him. He stiffs a betting site that offered him a line of credit. Out of desperation, he is forced to become their whore. He becomes jealous of others' success, attempting to slander every proven handicapper on the forum and calls one of the handicapper's children "monkeys." The grasshopper posts meaningless political propaganda and votes against his own self-interest. He shivers at night because he is broke and lonely, doing absolutely nothing to improve his lifestyle. He dies a bitter man.

MORAL OF THE STORY:
    Don't be a Richkas.
    I love internet tough guys

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

That's being a tough guy? Where'd you grow up? Sissyville?

Simply stating the facts, Jack.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

I don't have the patience to read through all this thread.....

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

A story about an elephant, a donkey and a poor slob that voted for either one

Ian is a typical American. He and his wife Inez each work, pay their bills and try to save a little for the future in hopes of sending their little imbeciles, Ichabod and Irene, off to college eventually. Ian is very conservative and always votes for the elephant. Inez is more liberal and casts all of her votes for the donkey.

Life is pretty good for Ian and Inez, but then it all comes crashing down in a series of unfortunate events. Ian’s company sells out to an International firm that comes in and slashes payroll in half, with Ian getting laid off. An accounting scandal at Inron costs Inez her job as well.

Then Hurricane Ike rolls ashore. It rips the roof off their house which obviously lets the rain in, basically rendering the house unlivable. Ian and Inez are confident that their insurance policy with Inferior Coverage-dot-com will pay. Instead, and despite Ian and Inez having never missed a premium payment in 15 years, the insurance adjuster says they’re not covered for flood damage and that the rain that came in after the roof was ripped off is the same as a flood though they will be willing to pay for a new roof, minus the $2,000 deductible, but only to put on the existing structure.

Meanwhile, Eddie the Elephant and Dick the Donkey sit in their plush homes just outside the Beltway in Washington DC, taking free junkets to the Caribbean and voting to give their buddies on Wall Street three-quarters of a trillion dollars so that all the fat cats can have their seven and eight figure year end bonuses.

Moral of the story: If you think either the elephants or the donkeys are going to watch out for your ass, then PM me for a once in a lifetime offer on some oceanfront property in Kansas.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Monkey, whatever made you attack Richie like that? That was pretty mean spiritedm don't you think?

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

MORAL OF THE STORY:
    Don't be a Richkas.
    +1

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

What made him call LT's black children monkeys? There are a lot of reasons. The guy is a cancer to this forum.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

What made him call LT's black children monkeys? There are a lot of reasons. The guy is a cancer to this forum.
    That was an incident that he stepped up and apologized for. Either way, it did not concern you. All he did here was issue an opinion that does not agree with yours. And for that you attack him? How does that make you any better than what you claim he is?

SlickFazzer

Richkas is one of the most popular and well liked posters at SBR.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Actually, he first said "I don't apologize for nothin." Only after continually being called a piece of shit did he offer an apology. Feel free to defend the scumbag. And to say that racism doesn't concern others is a fairly ignorant position to hold.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What made him call LT's black children monkeys?
    I believe alchohol and drugs made him say it. You probably never seen it (it was quickly sent to the PZ) but Richie made a video dressed as a skinhead smoking a bong and listening to metal threatening to kill me.

I'm glad to inform you that I'm still alive.

PS. Have you seen the East St. Louis goats he spent the night with? Gorgeous!

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SlickFazzer View Post
    A big reason this forum has seen a dramatic decline in quality handicapping dialogue...

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Actually, he first said "I don't apologize for nothin." Only after continually being called a piece of shit did he offer an apology. Feel free to defend the scumbag. And to say that racism doesn't concern others is a fairly ignorant position to hold.
    All I did was question how you attacking him makes you any different. Richie apologized. I believe he and LT worked it all out. That is in the past and is over with. Your actions are here and now.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by SlickFazzer View Post
    Amen to that. This forum has a major shortage of people smoking pot (or doing any other sort of drugs) in their videos. I think that getting high in front of your friends inspires trust and confidence from them. You're showing that you trust them enough not to rat you out to the fuzz and that you're not a stingy jerk that only gets high alone. Where I come from, that shows character.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    All I did was question how you attacking him makes you any different. Richie apologized. I believe he and LT worked it all out. That is in the past and is over with. Your actions are here and now.
    Simply letting the facts be known. Like it or hate it, they are all facts.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Moral of the story: If you think either the elephants or the donkeys are going to watch out for your ass, then PM me for a once in a lifetime offer on some oceanfront property in Kansas.
    I see Colorado breaking off from Kansas in the early 2010s

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

And by the way, this has far less to do about the content of the post than it does the person posting the content.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

wish he had posted a read before voting in 2k or 04

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Simply letting the facts be known. Like it or hate it, they are all facts.
    lol...in other words, you cannot defend your own actions. Sweet.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

And by the way, this has far less to do about the content of the post than it does the person posting the content.
    Completely irrelevant. Or is it you agree that the grasshopper would be entitled to the ant's food and shelter after doing nothing for it?

ryanXL977

That was an incident that he stepped up and apologized for. Either way, it did not concern you. All he did here was issue an opinion that does not agree with yours. And for that you attack him? How does that make you any better than what you claim he is?
    irony is this lady defending the actions of labeling black children monkeys, children of an actual person on this site. while at the same time, reporting others for making fun of a mongoloid baby she will never meet. pretty ironic, pretty hypocritical saying it doesnt concern others. who determins what concerns others? you? me? god? you and god?

SlickFazzer

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Nina,

If Richie composes an arguement himself on why is it best to vote for his candidate he may get some followers. Copying and pasting GOP propaganda in a forum will not get any followers to vote for his candidate.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Perhaps, you should take your own advice, stop being a hypocrite, and mind your own business. I'm not discussing this with you. I'm pretty sure this is between him and I.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    irony is this lady defending the actions of labeling black children monkeys, children of an actual person on this site. while at the same time, reporting others for making fun of a mongoloid baby she will never meet. pretty ironic, pretty hypocritical saying it doesnt concern others. who determins what concerns others? you? me? god? you and god?
    I think I love you most when you show your bitter side. There is a difference in the two mentioned situations. One is that Richie was asked to apologize and he did. You were asked to stop making degrading remarks about a baby with Down Syndrome and you told people to stuff it. Answer one question for me. How loud would you have screamed if one of the Obama children were Down Syndrome and MS made some of the same comments you made?

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Nina,

If Richie composes an arguement himself on why is it best to vote for his candidate he may get some followers. Copying and pasting GOP propaganda in a forum will not get any followers to vote for his candidate.
    I don't what his political leanings are, Pavy. I have my own idea of what I would like the US to be and therefore I will vote accordingly. There really isn't anything anyone can say that would have any infuence on me. What I asked was how was Monkey's actions attacking Richie any different?

ryanXL977

I think I love you most when you show your bitter side. There is a difference in the two mentioned situations. One is that Richie was asked to apologize and he did. You were asked to stop making degrading remarks about a baby with Down Syndrome and you told people to stuff it. Answer one question for me. How loud would you have screamed if one of the Obama children were Down Syndrome and MS made some of the same comments you made?
    dogma and hypocrisy are a bitch aint they
    keep makin excuses and telling us all about how great trickel down economics are.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

dogma and hypocrisy are a bitch aint they
    keep makin excuses and telling us all about how great trickel down economics are.
    I haven't made one excuse, Ryan. You avoid the question by insulting anyone who disagrees with you. You get real personal with it too. And isn't it amazing that wealth cannot trickle down but misery can?

ryanXL977

what misery what bitterness? i am not angry. i find it funny about what you accept and what you defend. its funny. thats all. you need to get laid. i get laid 5 days a week. top that sister

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

makes sense to me, Richie.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

what misery what bitterness? i am not angry. i find it funny about what you accept and what you defend. its funny. thats all. you need to get laid. i get laid 5 days a week. top that sister
    And you questioning my sex life is relevant how again? You just proved my point, peaches. Anytime anyone disagrees with you, you attack them. In a vulgar, vicious manner. And that is different from what Richie was accused of doing how again?

123 Last