BlazeMoney
    BlazeMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question about booking bets

Hey guys I'm new here. Came across this forum searching for gambling laws and info. To make a long story short I lost my job a few months back and since then I've been booking action at a local bar and over the phone. I'm good friends with the owner and I occasionally take bets in the bar but i mostly do it over my second cell phone. . I got around 14 or so people who I take action from. The amount they bet ranges from 50 bucks to 1000 bucks. I put them all on credit these are guys I trust though. either I know them or my friend knows them. I'm making some good money off this and I pick up new players every now and then, tryin to keep it small though. but my question is do you know anyone who got caught? What kind of sentence would I be looking at if I get caught up and busted. I get the feeling im being watched sometimes. I might lay low for awhile. What are the laws regarding booking? Thanks -BM

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

small operation 1st offense about $75,000 in fines and lawyers fees (probation)

Son its not worth it, you can make a few bucks but eventually you get caught when your players lose to you and squeal so they are scott free paying you

What happens when a player stiffs you??

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

???

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Buy a rake, then make sure you have a tab.

BlazeMoney

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

small operation 1st offense about $75,000 in fines and lawyers fees (probation)

Son its not worth it, you can make a few bucks but eventually you get caught when your players lose to you and squeal so they are scott free paying you

What happens when a player stiffs you??
    jjgold the guys im taking action from are all people i know and trust. I have yet to be stiffed although i know there is no guarantee that it wont happen. Guys have been paying me on time although occasionlly they run into some problems so i give them extra time but they always pay off because they like playing through a local instead of online. If a new guy wants in it has to be through my main guys and they would be held responsible if the new guy stiffs me. I know this is highly illegal and im taking my chances. You said first offense is 75K in fines and lawyers fees plus probation. So there is no jail time then? My criminal record is clean except for a few things nothing big though. I don't do this shit out in the open im pretty low key about it for the most part.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

This will not end well.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bad ending

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeMoney View Post
    jjgold the guys im taking action from are all people i know and trust. I have yet to be stiffed although i know there is no guarantee that it wont happen. Guys have been paying me on time although occasionlly they run into some problems so i give them extra time but they always pay off because they like playing through a local instead of online. If a new guy wants in it has to be through my main guys and they would be held responsible if the new guy stiffs me. I know this is highly illegal and im taking my chances. You said first offense is 75K in fines and lawyers fees plus probation. So there is no jail time then? My criminal record is clean except for a few things nothing big though. I don't do this shit out in the open im pretty low key about it for the most part.
    Re-read JJ's response.

You either want advice or you don't.

BlazeMoney

I just like the fact that rather then lose money gambling on these games myself guys can lose their money to me. Funny thing is these guys keep coming back for more action. I told my one buddy he should just take a break for awhile he said ok and it only lasted one day. Yesterday i cleaned up on the heat game. Most of guys money was on the bulls. If i was still betting myself i would of probably took bulls too

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeMoney View Post
    I just like the fact that rather then lose money gambling on these games myself guys can lose their money to me. Funny thing is these guys keep coming back for more action. I told my one buddy he should just take a break for awhile he said ok and it only lasted one day. Yesterday i cleaned up on the heat game. Most of guys money was on the bulls. If i was still betting myself i would of probably took bulls too
    Well, don't say you weren't warned.

BlazeMoney

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Re-read JJ's response.

You either want advice or you don't.
    I did re-read it. I appreciate the advice. I just wanted to know what could happen if i get caught. I like the money i'm making it keeps me away from gambling on these games myself. I used to be on the other side of this losing my ass off betting these games. I'm now aware of the consequences but im going to keep going. Ive been reading a few things on this forum and ive noticed the fbi is cracking down on online gambling. I noticed a few guys say their goin local now. This could mean more business for me.