benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    So one tournament will be used to decided the team or will it be done on the overall event as a whole.
    Seems utterly nonsensical to me. It's only marginally better than drawing lots. Even though I'd hate it, appointing a captain who'd select players or some sort of BS popularity contest would be better.

Using the WSOP qualifier results in some manner seems to be the best option.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

IF they come up with some way to use all the tournaments as whole then that is fine. If they base it solely on the one main event then they may as well draw straws.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Also like to nominate clarkacal. One of the two players I really don't like to play against in a ring game, the other being almasters.

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    dont think frizz would allow this piece of shit on team canada

You and frizzy in fantasy land talking back and forth like he's in charge of team Canada, like 2 kids playing in a sandbox.

Not 100% but i believe cuse comment was a compliment,not an attack.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 05-30-11 at 09:41 AM.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    We will basically pick teams similar to the real Ryder Cup.

The final standings from the WSOP qualifying event will be used to select the official Ryder Cup team. So if you have not qualified for the SBR WSOP main event; play harder!!!

The SBR qualifying event will rank players 1 to 500. We will sort by IP address and extend invitations. The prizes are as follows:
    1st place team will win 50,000 poker points.
    2nd place team will win 25,000 poker points
    3rd place team will win 14,000 poker points
    4th place team will win 9,000 poker points

Each team will have 9 players.

Perhaps you can put some stock into cash game results as some of us can't play that many satelites due to real life getting in the way.

I would like to suggest a late night satelite if possible and more weekend action.

Saturadys and Sundays are good poker days.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Thread title: The 2011 SBR Ryder Cup of Poker starts next week
    Prizes and team selection details will be posted Sunday. All ideas are welcome.
    Using the WSOP qualifier for selection?

Well it's next week. Where's the Ryder cup of poker?
    Sunday came and went with no information.
    It took you this long to decide on this crappy option?

You've really dropped the ball on this one.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Perhaps you can put some stock into cash game results as some of us can't play that many satelites due to real life getting in the way. I would like to suggest a late night satelite if possible and more weekend action. Saturadys and Sundays are good poker days.
    This is a must... sit n' goes are missed. Something on the weekends would be great.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Stroke their fuk'in inflated egos if you want Wulf! I don't suck at nothing! Best players at sbr? I seriously fuk'in doubt it. I would clean both these ass bags clocks at a real money table! Just because they live on the fuk'in sbr site and run a points bank scam, don't make them no poker pros. Especially with this bullshit poker software.
    was being sarcastic mike

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

how do we get on one of the ryder cup teams?

-stash

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

You're basing this thing off of the bullshit 60-person crap shoots that is the WSOP Qualifiers?

If you haven't qualified yet, play harder.

Give me a break, SBRJohn.

I guess I won't be playing because there is NO WAY I'll be qualifying for the WSOP Tournament.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

why won't you be qualifying?

VegasInsider
    Update your status

I've played 5 qualifying events a week since the whole thing started and I haven't finished better than 20th. The same people get the cards week in and week out, it's not a random system.

People can say it is, but they're just naive.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I've played 5 qualifying events a week since the whole thing started and I haven't finished better than 20th. The same people get the cards week in and week out, it's not a random system.

shut up

you just play bad

you ever think of that?

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

I would be interested definitly...the only problem is with my schedule I haven't had a chance to play in many of the WSOP qualifiers...however if you ask anyone who has sat with me, you know I would represent the US right.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    shut up

you just play bad

you ever think of that?
    I'm no top player by any means, but I know how to play poker and have been doing so for quite some time.

It's not like I haven't won a few of these things before, but that was months ago.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2105

John, is this based on the Satellite standings or the actual 500+ man main tourney? If it's the satellite standings how will it work? Most wins, most cashes, most final tables, average finish? Where do we find this info?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 549

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post

If you have played 5 qualifiers a week since it started and not cracked the top 20 you need to up your game.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

You don't think I haven't changed my strategy?

I know poker...and something is fishy here.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 549

20th might get you in this week

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

i think it should be explained better because some ppl such as myself dont play the sattys since i qualified and noone knows EXACTLY how and what is going to be used to get on a team

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    If you have played 5 qualifiers a week since it started and not cracked the top 20 you need to up your game.
    No shit, you can probably sit out and blind out and finish higher.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

We will basically pick teams similar to the real Ryder Cup.

The final standings from the WSOP qualifying event will be used to select the official Ryder Cup team. So if you have not qualified for the SBR WSOP main event; play harder!!!

The SBR qualifying event will rank players 1 to 500. We will sort by IP address and extend invitations. The prizes are as follows:
    1st place team will win 50,000 poker points.
    2nd place team will win 25,000 poker points
    3rd place team will win 14,000 poker points
    4th place team will win 9,000 poker points

Each team will have 9 players.
    So basically you are going to pick the Ryder Cup teams based on the results of one tourney (lets call it the PGA tourney championship for Golf comparisons) instead of the World rankings of the players that are determined from their performance through all the tourneys played throughout the calendar year.

Then why are you calling it a Ryder Cup if the selection process resembles nothing like the Ryder Cup? You might as well call it the Crap Shoot Cup.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post

You and frizzy in fantasy land talking back and forth like he's in charge of team Canada, like 2 kids playing in a sandbox.

Not 100% but i believe cuse comment was a compliment,not an attack.
    correct.

Cuse0323

strange way to choose, probably the least logical option but so be it.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Some of us might be too busy playing poker for $$$ during the day, not points... so perhaps other things need consideration.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by mvp123 View Post
    i think it should be explained better because some ppl such as myself dont play the sattys since i qualified and noone knows EXACTLY how and what is going to be used to get on a team
    seems pretty clear that it will be based solely on the results of the ME tourney on the 25th.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So basically you are going to pick the Ryder Cup teams based on the results of one tourney (lets call it the PGA tourney championship for Golf comparisons) instead of the World rankings of the players that are determined from their performance through all the tourneys played throughout the calendar year.

Then why are you calling it a Ryder Cup if the selection process resembles nothing like the Ryder Cup? You might as well call it th
    e Crap Shoot Cup.
    Actually correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Ryder Cup selects the top players for each team based on recent play.

There are a lot of guys battling it out every day in the WSOP daily tourneys. Seems to me they should be rewarded for their effort. Course we could pick a couple at large based on post count. That would follow Ryder Cup tradition.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Actually correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Ryder Cup selects the top players for each team based on recent play.

There are a lot of guys battling it out every day in the WSOP daily tourneys. Seems to me they should be rewarded for their effort. Course we could pick a couple at large based on post count. That would follow Ryder Cup tradition.
    I'm not sure I understood your original post. It said WSOP qualifying event. Are the players going to be chosen based on the results of the June 25th WSOP event or from all the daily WSOP qualifying tourneys?

If the first then I don't agree but if the second then this is the way to go. I may have misunderstood your post.

Cuse0323

so is it all of the satellites or just the one tourney on June 25th that determine the teams?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

What about picking some picks based on total poker profits in the SBR Poker Room? Does SBR track that?

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    What about picking some picks based on total poker profits in the SBR Poker Room? Does SBR track that?
    well some of us can't sit with a 1000 pts all day.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2105

According to the thread title this should be starting today in a couple hours. So John/Lou could you explain it a little better please? What's the criteria being used to determine the standings? It would be nice to know before we start playing today.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    According to the thread title this should be starting today in a couple hours. So John/Lou could you explain it a little better please? What's the criteria being used to determine the standings? It would be nice to know before we start playing today.
    they like to stop by and give a nice vague answer. after the first answer infers one thing, come back and make it seem the opposite.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

it appears to be based on one qualifying WSOP game, nothing to do with the 25th final

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    it appears to be based on one qualifying WSOP game, nothing to do with the 25th final
    so what qualifying game would that be where they rank us 1 to 500?

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Reading this implies that the teams are already selected,

Yes USA will be the team to beat but Canada will have the PROVEN best player and will be very difficult to beat. Thadd is on team World so they will be tough but no better then 3rd.

1st USA
    2nd Canada
    3rd World

We will definitely have odds on each team in the book! From what I have seen so far it should be dead even with a lean on the USA. The World is actually a very strong contender. Keep in mind there are several excellent players from Costa Rica. Europe probably has the best 3 players or so but depth is an issue with 9 man teams. Canada has the pride factor. And then there is the USA. Nine great players. They will be the team to beat.

First 123456 Last