biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

LinkedIn....WOW

went public today opened $40 closed $96

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I was following it all day today, got in and out and made a nice profit. Too bad I didn't have to stones to pull the trigger on the initial IPO and hang with it most of the day.

Should be interesting to see what it does thru Memorial Day. Going to have one full week of trading until the unofficial letdown of the market while all the bigwigs on Wall Street spend the summer in the Hamptons, Newport, Cape Cod/Islands.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

unstable

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

is there any competition for linkedin, it has to be the only site of its kind correct?

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I was following it all day today, got in and out and made a nice profit.
    Oh jeez, now you're air investing?

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

internet bubble v2.0

Iced

It's not a bubble though. The 90s tech companies had little revenue and no profits, LinkedIn has a pretty good showing in both categories.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Oh jeez, now you're air investing?
    No Iced, it's actually what I do for a living. However, this was my personal portfolio today. Don't start flinging around clients money on IPO's on an unstable and unproven company.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

It sure brought back alot of memories watching this on cnbc of the the nasdaq gold rush days. There is a built in market for this, people in the corporate world always have to have a linkedin site, I dont know anyone who seems real excited about the site though.

Iced

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    No Iced, it's actually what I do for a living.
    Oh, okay. I see. I recall you saying you were a professional gambler and that's what you did for a living.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    is there any competition for linkedin, it has to be the only site of its kind correct?
    LinkedIn has competition (both direct and indirect), but they're the first company in this sector to go public. Their two major direct competitors are Viadeo and XING, which account for about 45M members combined (LinkedIn has 90M members themselves) and are very strong in Europe. Viadeo is branching into the United States now and have opened an office in San Francisco. Their indirect competitors are social networking websites like Facebook.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Oh, okay. I see. I recall you saying you were a professional gambler and that's what you did for a living.
    Yeah, right in with the living in Vegas thing. It was one big story, boss.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12599

Have you heard of this company before today? Me, no I haven't but I am retired.

Yea, this stock is too much action for my blood. The CEO himself mentioned tread lightly if this got to a market cap of $4b, now it's worth 9B. Usually a CEO has a closer view of a value.

I just remember the NASDAQ going from 5000 to less than 2000, and what 15 years later, still not half of its all time high, but what do I know. I will stick with indexes, me personally the DOW is fine. Slow and steady.

But what do I know, I keep my Facebook use to 3 minutes a week. And once I got my Zynga poker to 3 million dollars it lost appeal. Wish I could do that in my real money poker accounts.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Yes, beretta...I've been a member at LinkedIn for a little over a year. Everyone at my company is a member there and we're apply to share contacts and referrals very easily. It's becoming the Facebook of the inner-office and corporate world. I didn't really care for it at first, but now I use it many hours a day.

LinkedIn is a real "sexy" stock pick, especially with a slow summer rapidly approaching. It was a great strategy releasing this stock this week, it gives everyone one last exciting release before the slowdown.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I am very familiar with this site. Most of my friends and my Brother are in the financial industry. Most are located in San Francisco and always have great things to say about this site.