topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Explain your vote for president without smearing the opposition

It seems like we all have a million reasons why to not vote for the other guy but its pretty pathetic if your voting one way just to stop the other guy from winning.

Very unorganized crazed rants all around the board about the different candidates, this thread is intended for everyone to write why they will vote how they are planning on voting only using positive issues that their candidate supports, no smearing, lies, party agendas just what issues are important to you and why I will start

I am a conservative, not a neo-con like 99% who claim to be conservative today. I personally will be writing in Ron Paul because neither Mccain nor Obama meet my criterion for the leader of our great nation and don't agree with me on major issues

The issues that Ron Paul stands for that are important to me are 1st and foremost strict adherence to the constitution, the constitution may not be perfect and even it realizes that and this is why it allows its self to be amended through certain steps. By stepping outside of the constitution and making no effort to amend it we are lead to corruption and loss of rights as citizens.

Ron Paul supports a free market and sound money
    voted against the Iraq war
    never voted for a tax increase
    wants to get rid of the IRS
    wants limited government and personal liberty
    co-sponsered legislation to repeal the UIGEA
    Voted against the patriot act

These are just a handful of POSITIVE reasons I am voting how I am, may not win him the election but I will have voted with my head not with hate or because I subscride to a party agenda Mccain/Obama supporters your turn remember no negatives about the other guy just what you consider postive about your candidate

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

xxxx

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always vote Republican.

Simple.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

xxxx
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 10-15-08 at 10:20 AM.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by CaneDawg View Post
    I always vote Republican.

Simple.

I don't agree with handouts. I work for my money, others should as well. Free for all in the job market, no reason why I should work twice as hard for the guy in line at the soup kitchen.

topgame85

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

I don't agree with handouts. I work for my money, others should as well. Free for all in the job market, no reason why I should work twice as hard for the guy in line at the soup kitchen.
    How does that make you vote for Mccain is my question, how or where have you seen him support your stance when he is giving bailouts and his plan to use taxpayer money to save people who got in bad loans and those that gave them? that is a govt handout supported by both major candidates

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    How does that make you vote for Mccain is my question when he is giving bailouts and his plan to use taxpayer money to save people who got in bad loans and those that gave them? that is a govt handout supported by both major candidates
    I never said I agreed with it. Both rooster suckers are doing it. What do I do now?

topgame85

Exactly what do you do is the real question? either vote for a candidate who cant win like me or vote for a candidate who does not support your beliefs

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

I didn't take Deuce's statement as an endorsement of McCain as much as against Obama's stated plan of taxing any income $250,000 and over because "it's only fair". There are a lot of small businesses that make that amount that will go under or have to fire people. How many people making under that do you see hiring people with benefits? That plan will hurt the economy even more.

I agree that our government is too big and there are too many people that depend on it to support them from the cradle to the grave.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    I didn't take Deuce's statement as an endorsement of McCain as much as against Obama's stated plan of taxing any income $250,000 and over because "it's only fair". There are a lot of small businesses that make that amount that will go under or have to fire people. How many people making under that do you see hiring people with benefits? That plan will hurt the economy even more.

I agree that our government is too big and there are too many people that depend on it to support them from the cradle to the grave.
    This is the same argument people use against raising the minimum wage.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

It's a valid argument. Minimum wage is suppose to be for an entry level job...not your life-long goal. Anyone at a job over 2 years still making minimum wage is either a suckass employee or needs to find another job.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I don't vote for John McCain because he crashed 5 military jets in training and graduated at the bottom of his class while he was in the Navy.

I don't vote for Barack Obama because his name rhymes with the most wanted terrorist.

I vote for Bob Barr because he is the only voice of reason.

topgame85

All I see in this election are people excited about Barack because they want big govt, regulation, and handouts or republicans who are only voting for Mccain because they think he is a tad better than Barack, is there a single Republican here who can say they are voting Mccain because they agree with his policies or agree with him on major issues?

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

BadNina, I work at Taco Bell, and TB pays the min. wage.

I'm a great employee.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

you people are so ****ing dumb it's incredible

topgame85

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I don't vote for John McCain because he crashed 5 military jets in training and graduated at the bottom of his class while he was in the Navy.

I don't vote for Barack Obama because his name rhymes with the most wanted terrorist.

I vote for Bob Barr because he is the only voice of reason.
    So your in the boat with me pavy our candidates can't win but at least we are voting for people we actually support rather than against the other guy

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    All I see in this election are people excited about Barack because they want big govt, regulation, and handouts or republicans who are only voting for Mccain because they think he is a tad better than Barack, is there a single Republican here who can say they are voting Mccain because they agree with his policies or agree with him on major issues?
    Nope, I am voting against Obama. Not for McCain.

I guess I could vote for Bob Barr or Ron Paul, but I don't know.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    http://co.mensa.org/

zentiense
    zentiense's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I traditionally vote third party, usually Green straight ticket, however I will be voting for Obama in the general election. For me personally, McCain is too scary (not to mention Palin). I have a problem with McCain for a number of reasons (and yes, I realize Obama has many problems of his own): (in no particular order) 1.) He has no formal degree in political science, humanities, social sciences, etc., along with no higher education degree. He was trained militarily through and through. 2.) He has made many comments throughout the years displaying his unease with "civilian" government. 3.) He is more of a "wildcard" rather than a "maverick" -- he has a tendency to anger his own party -- and when he is in office attempting to pass legislation, if the Congress, etc. are Democrat, and he's a Republican with little to no Republican backing, how can he pass anything? How can anything ever get done? 4.) He is extraordinarily old. I don't trust my 73 year old grandfather to drive a car, let alone run a country. 5.) He shows latent Cold War and, specifically, McCarthyist tendencies: "Let's find the commies and get 'em." 6.) He is out of touch with the rest of the world, specifically Europe. 7.) I often worry about him enacting "Vengeance" against the "gooks (yes he uses this word a lot)" who tortured him. 8.) Most of these reasons culminate to him possessing a lack of anthropological reasoning skills necessary to interact with the rest of the globe.

Highlighted above are just some of my personal problems with him -- I did not even begin documenting my problems with Conservatism in the United States. This is just how he "rubs" me -- and personally, I would not vote for a person who "rubs" me the wrong way. And he does.

Now, I am not attempting to slander or smear (as Topper wanted to avoid). I'm just outlining some of my personal problems with McCain and why I would lean towards Obama. I do not feel that I need to outline why I will vote Obama, especially when little to nothing new can be gleaned from some anecdotal opinion. Everyone has their reasons one way or the other.

If you vote for McCain, that's fine -- that's up to you -- I respect that. I am voting for Obama and I expect my Democratic opinion to be respected. At the end of the day, though, do we --really-- even have a Democracy? And are our votes --really-- respected? I don't know. A conversation for another day.

ms61853
    ms61853's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is why you vote for McCain:

http://weeklystandard.com/Content/Pu...5/700zvwxt.asp

John McCain trails Barack Obama and shows no signs, at the moment anyway, of propelling himself into the lead. Democrats lead in eight Senate seats currently held by Republicans and are close in three others. In the House, Republicans once thought they'd lose only 5 to 10 seats. Now things look worse.

Thanks particularly to the month-long financial crisis, Republicans are in extremely poor shape with the election three weeks away. This means the worst case scenario is now a distinct possibility: a Democrat in the White House, a Democratic Senate with a filibuster-proof majority, and a Democratic House with a bolstered majority.

If this scenario unfolds, Washington would become a solidly liberal town again for the first time in decades. And the prospects of passing the liberal agenda--nearly all of it--would be bright. Enacting major parts of it would be even brighter. You can forget about bipartisanship.

Start with "card check." It would permit organized labor to unionize the private sector without winning a certification election by secret ballot. It's easy to get workers to sign cards saying they want a union, but it's hard to get them to vote that way when labor organizers aren't hounding them. Card check is labor's last hope for more dues-paying union members.

Unions simply aren't popular and neither is card check. But it passed the House last year, only to be blocked in the Senate by a Republican filibuster. In 2009, with Washington controlled by Democrats, it would sail through Congress and President Obama would
    sign it. After all, neither Obama nor congressional Democrats have bucked organized labor even once.

Then Democrats might go after a longstanding target of big labor, section 14(b) of the Taft-Hartley Act. It allows states to enact right-to-work laws, which bar workers from being forced to join a union. Twenty-two states have right-to-work laws.

The liberal scheme for killing conservative talk radio--the so-called fairness doctrine--would stand an excellent chance of becoming law. It would require radio stations to offer equal time, for free, to anyone seeking to reply to broadcasts featuring political opinion. To remain profitable, many stations would have to drop conservative talk shows, a major medium for communicating conservative ideas, rather than give up hours of free time. Obama has said he opposes the fairness doctrine. But would he veto it? Not likely.

Obama would nominate liberals to fill Supreme Court vacancies--no doubt about that--with the strong likelihood they'd be confirmed. As a senator, he voted against John Roberts and Sam Alito. And free trade agreements would become a thing of the past, given liberal and labor opposition.

What about Obama's health care plan? He's described it as step or two away from a single payer, government-run health system like Canada's. While expensive, its chances of passage would be quite good.

A bad economy, however, might keep Obama and his allies in Congress from passing his entire package of tax increases and his "cap and trade" proposal for curbing the emission of greenhouse gases. Obama has called for increasing the tax rate on capital gains, dividends, and the income of top earners, and raising the cap on payroll taxes. But tax hikes would worsen, not stimulate, a weak economy. So that might make Democrats balk--except they might not. For liberals, requiring the well-to-do to pay higher taxes is a matter of ideology.

So is cap and trade. It would drive up the cost of energy, another downer for the economy, but Democrats believe it's necessary to save the planet. Besides, the environmental lobby would demand cap and trade's enactment. And environmentalists have as tight a grip on Democrats as labor does. Obama has never crossed environmentalists.

As for foreign and national security policy, there'd be nothing stopping President Obama from doing what he wanted in a liberal-dominated Washington, including a quick troop exit from Iraq and presidential-level talks with anti-American dictators. Congress would go along. The media would cheer.

But who knows? Maybe McCain and Republicans will rally their forces and keep the worst from happening--the worst, that is, from a conservative standpoint. The campaign has changed direction twice in less than two months, first when McCain picked Sarah Palin as his running mate, then when the financial panic hit. There could be a third game changer.

If not, we face the liberal deluge.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

ASSHOLE, stop copy and pasting from blogs.

nobody reads that shit already.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obama......

1. has an exit strategy for Vietnam 2
    2. supports womens right to abortion especially in cases of rape/incest
    3. wants the rich to pay higher taxes
    4. opposes drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge
    5. supports stem cell research
    6. opposes corporations shipping our jobs overseas.... will block tax breaks to companies doing so
    7. supports importing of prescription drugs which will dramatically lower prices and stop the monopoly of American companies charging premium prices
    8. respects the Constitution not trample on it

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

30 years of trickle down bullshit and made up wars is enough

the gop has done more to ruin this nation that any terrorist ever could
    i wouldnt vote for a republican if my life depended upon it

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

My fave line "You can forget about bipartisanship."

Bush has told the democrats to go **** themselves for 8 years and now it is time for a little payback and yet they are starting to whine about it. Pubs would not have lost all those seats or the white house if they had done a good job. Everything is in shambles now and it is ridiculous lol to blame a 1st term senator for all the problems. The blame rests on the commander and that is bush

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by daggerkobe View Post
    Obama......

1. has an exit strategy for Vietnam 2
    2. supports womens right to abortion especially in cases of rape/incest
    3. wants the rich to pay higher taxes
    4. opposes drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge
    6. opposes corporations shipping our jobs overseas.... will block tax breaks to companies doing so
    7. supports importing of prescription drugs which will dramatically lower prices and stop the monopoly of American companies charging premium prices

1. has an exit strategy for Vietnam 2 As does McCain
    2. supports womens right to abortion especially in cases of rape/incest Palins views have nothing to do with McCains. Fetal abortion in rape/incest are granted. The dumb coked up whore that won't keep her legs closed is not a reason to kill.
    3. wants the rich to pay higher taxes When was the last time you worked for a poor person? Taxes will cripple business.
    4. opposes drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge Lets ride bicycles while wearing backpacks, pedal to the camp fire, sit in a circle, hold hands and sing koom ba ya. This is what will result when the liberals dont want to harm toads and crickets resulting in oil 10 dollars a gallon.
    7. supports importing of prescription drugs which will dramatically lower prices and stop the monopoly of American companies charging premium pricesBuy generic drugs if you are hurting to buy premiums.

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5087

Going to vote for 3rd party candidate this year, probably Bob Barr. Usually Republican, but a shit VP candidate Palin scares me.

Also what pissed me off is McCain wants to bail out stupid homeowners who got a subprime mortgage. Basically someone with a 300k bad subprime mortgage with a house worth 200k now will get a sweet 180k 30 year fixed mortgage while we eat the 120k. While others who struggle and make their payments or people who bought what we can afford get nothing. That was a deal breaker for me.

I don't trust Obama will cut our taxes, hell I don't trust either candidate to do anything to cut middle class taxes. Don't want to reward welfare mothers who cash in everytime they get knocked up. Woman with 5 babies from 4 different guys getting a free ride is bullshit and the Democrats seem to think these mothers need a tax break when they are leaches living off all of us.

If more people vote for a 3rd candidate, maybe we will have better choices in the future. Otherwise it's the same shit every 4 years with no change as neither will keep their promises to change things.

ms61853
    ms61853's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by picantel View Post
    My fave line "You can forget about bipartisanship."

Bush has told the democrats to go **** themselves for 8 years
    Oh BS.

Remember the Bush/Kennedy Education plan?

Bush told his own party to go f*** themselves by trying to push through immigration reform.

Same with this recent bailout.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Durito, no offense to you - and none,actually, from you to me as I have yet to comment in this thread, but I absolutely loath when people do what you've done above. Calling people blanketly stupid and generalizing the way you have is the poorest form of debate and realisically adds zero to the conversation.

hakrjak
    hakrjak's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm voting for Barry Goldwater....

Oh wait, he's dead....

I guess we should start digging, because a candidate like him is the only thing that can help this country today, and I don't see any in the race.

- Hakrjak

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would vote for obama, but no need he's going to win in a landslide. Mccain is full of shit all of his policies will be just like george bush. He's a paranoid 103 year old man. Did I also mention that his VP candidate is a small town hick who could be president of mccain drops dead?

No thanks obama will win.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Can't do it without smearing both the donkeys and the elephants, can't stand the way they go about business. Both parties equally responsible for the shape we're in, and a vote for either McCain or Obama is a vote to continue on the present horrible course.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

mexicans love democrates because they have donkey shows there.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

nah illegals love neocons cause Bush gives them amnesty, drivers licenses and voting power.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

1976-1980 Jimmy Carter administration - democrats controlled the White House and congress

1992-1994 First 2 years of Bill Clinton administration

2000-2006 Bush II administration - republicans controlled the White House and congress

These were the only 3 instances in the last 50 years where one party had total power of the federal government and the 12 years mentioned above were the worst.

When one party has all the power the voters and the country pay the consequences.

The democrats have a 99% chance to keep control of both houses of congress.

Why on Earth would any sane individual want another unchecked president who is going to raise taxes on those that create all the jobs during an economy that is headed for certain recession?

If we are going to make a dent in our country's massive deficit and turn the economy around, voting John McCain is the only answer. It has nothing to do with McCain or Obama and everything to do with the corruption that is rampant among both parties.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This has to be the most insane arguement ever. Let's vote for McCain because the dems control the congress. The fact that McCain crashed 5 military jets in training and graduated, I mean cruised freely, at the bottom of his class in Naval Acaemy is irrelevant in his ability to govern.