SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hedging my $2,150 on Memphis for the Series...Your thoughts

I have $2,150 on memphis for the series. After last nights tough 3overtime loss, and the next 2 of 3 at OKC, and the refs I dont think I have much of a chance. Memph is a tough team with alot of heart, but I say this ones over. Problem is OKC is at -250. Very very rarely do I hedge my bets. But I'm 90% sure I'll hedge at least most of this back. I just dont see how the league keeps Durant, 1 of its top poster boys of the league, out of the Western Conference finals. Don't get me wrong he's a great player and I dont want to take anything away from him or last nights comeback or Westbrooks INSANE performance last night. But all these things are facilitated by OKC and Durant getting the lions share of the calls. Keep in mind my record in SERIES' is like 1- 9 in my last 10....something real lop-sided like that, but not exact.....my 2 most recent series that I can remember were 3k loser on Tex Rangers World Series last year and 3k loser year before on Phillys World Series.....Terrible at betting series'! (great at MLB and ncaa hoops). Bad at hedging, your thoughts.....

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

wait. what did you invest in the series to begin with. what was the line? u leave too much out

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

I would probably just ride it out. It should be an interesting finish!

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

tl;dr

Meyhem
    Meyhem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

if only you done this earlier hard luck mate

SASH

Before series $400@+290
    After game 1 $1750@+110

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    Before series $400@+290 After game 1 $1750@+110
    So stake of $2150 to return a profit of $3085 ($1560 + $3675, less stakes of $2150) gives odds of around +143 overall.

A quick look at Thunder to win the series you are looking at odds of around -250 at best...which means that sadly at the moment there is no way to hedge out of this with a guaranteed profit on either team, or even break even on one side and a profit on the other.

At very best you could cut your losses to some extent betting $3000 on Oklahoma @ -250 which would recoup back $1200 - but this would leave you with a book where if Memphis wins you win $85 overall, and if Oklahoma win then you lose around $950 overall (or the equivalent of $950 on Memphis at odds of roughly -1100).

I really wouldnt advise this personally...

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

I also have Memphis to win the series.

I may hedge by betting at halftime tonight (bet Oklahoma if Memphis is ahead), or betting Oklahoma in the next game.

The money line on Oklahoma to win the series is higher than it should be, so I prefer the individual games.

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

If your gut is screaming HEDGE - listen to it an begin to Salvage as much as you can of Original stake !! GL Bud

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hedge by taking OKC to win it all. Then hedge out of that bet next round.

SASH

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    So stake of $2150 to return a profit of $3085 ($1560 + $3675, less stakes of $2150) gives odds of around +143 overall.

A quick look at Thunder to win the series you are looking at odds of around -250 at best...which means that sadly at the moment there is no way to hedge out of this with a guaranteed profit on either team, or even break even on one side and a profit on the other.

At very best you could cut your losses to some extent betting $3000 on Oklahoma @ -250 which would recoup back $1200 - but this would leave you with a book where if Memphis wins you win $85 overall, and if Oklahoma win then you lose around $950 overall (or the equivalent of $950 on Memphis at odds of roughly -1100).

I really wouldnt advise this personally...
    Maniac, thank you for your time and attention regarding my thread...I greatly appreciate it. Awesome breakdown. I feel strongly that OKC will win the series at this point, but I agree with you...it doesnt pay to risk the $5,000+ (not really sure of the exact amount I would have to risk on OKC series +250 win to recoup the 2150). You sound like someone who is serious and intelligent about his sports gambling...and I like that because that is the only reason why I'm here....to bounce ideas off other intelligent and serious gamblers. I take this very seriously. I will most likely put up somewhere between 2750 and 3750 at -250
    Last edited by SASH; 05-11-11 at 05:25 AM.

SASH

Quote Originally Posted by truebluebear View Post
    If your gut is screaming HEDGE - listen to it an begin to Salvage as much as you can of Original stake !! GL Bud
    Ya, my guts screaming hedge on this 1, who do you like to take the series?

nyjets15
    nyjets15's Avatar Become A Pro!

screenshot please

SASH

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets15 View Post
    screenshot please
    Typical Jets fan.....always putting a negative spin on everything (I should know I'm a HUGE JETS fan myself). Come on bub, like I took time out to create this story and write practically an entire paragraph on it because I like wasting my time and other peoples time. Please! Get a life

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets15 View Post
    screenshot please
    yeah screams bullshit to me too guy says he has a million dollar condo here in so cal but cant pony up 2 bills to go sbr pro. Hes an attention whore which is pretty damn sad since he just told you to get a life. seems to be alot of these I live in upper class so cal hoods but cant or wont go pro. Ghost or brokedick its one of these im sure. He'll attack sbr point system and say he doesnt need it but only a square would say that it a free $1k at least at least unless you are a total degen. why turn that down?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who really cares what was the point of this thread.... not one reply wonder why

SASH

Have decided there will be no hedging. Gonna ride this 1 out

DaProfessor23
    DaProfessor23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

bol

SASH

thanks professor

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

ride it out, grizz in 6

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

I would 100% let it ride.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

don't hedge this.

BallHog
    BallHog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

Hey Man I am in the same situation as you i have 2k on the grizz to win the series at -140.
    Gm 5 is tonite. Let me say this Grizz can pull a win out tonite i would not hedge it until after you know the out come of tonite Gm.
    Lets believe Grizz can win this series bcus this is why we bet it in the first place!
    If not then it time to do some hedging if Grizz lose Gm 5. Enjoy the Gm BOL!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

The Thunder have taken control of this series I believe. I would put some on the Thunder so you don't lose it all.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by BallHog View Post
    Hey Man I am in the same situation as you i have 2k on the grizz to win the series at -140. Gm 5 is tonite. Let me say this Grizz can pull a win out tonite i would not hedge it until after you know the out come of tonite Gm. Lets believe Grizz can win this series bcus this is why we bet it in the first place! If not then it time to do some hedging if Grizz lose Gm 5. Enjoy the Gm BOL!
    -140, jesus dude you bought in way late, no value now.

nyjets15
    nyjets15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    Typical Jets fan.....always putting a negative spin on everything (I should know I'm a HUGE JETS fan myself). Come on bub, like I took time out to create this story and write practically an entire paragraph on it because I like wasting my time and other peoples time. Please! Get a life
    Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    yeah screams bullshit to me too guy says he has a million dollar condo here in so cal but cant pony up 2 bills to go sbr pro. Hes an attention whore which is pretty damn sad since he just told you to get a life. seems to be alot of these I live in upper class so cal hoods but cant or wont go pro. Ghost or brokedick its one of these im sure. He'll attack sbr point system and say he doesnt need it but only a square would say that it a free $1k at least at least unless you are a total degen. why turn that down?
    I HAVE a life....an awesome life....I don't have thousands to bet on sports, but I imagine I'm one of the top 5 happiest people on this site

and seems like i'm not the only one who felt that way.....some people need to create threads like this to make themselves feel important....maybe you did...maybe you didn't....but without proof on this site, you get categorized as one of those people

eldoctord
    eldoctord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Wish I could have seen Memphis coming this far.....tough loss the other night; don't think they can recover which means hedge if you got the dough

BallHog
    BallHog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

I bet it b4 Gm 4 Grizz up 2-1 in series was counting on them to win Gm 4 to pretty much seal the deal.
    IF not it be 2-2 and they still have enough gm to win the series.

chevy6
    chevy6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

2,150 on Memphis