frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Is NBA playoffs profitable long term

It seems like every game is a fuking a guess. You either get it right or don't. The traditional handicap thinking doesn't work here. Lakers getting swept, Boston losing a must win, an eight seed playing like they're a number one seed. I mean WTF is going on here

In the regular season it was much easier, because you could find advantages on teams playing playing back to backs games or betting against teams that just suxs on the road. I think I should bet with just betpoints for now on until the start of the WNBA, season. Be much more refreshing by then.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

You have to bet on the winner of the series to be profitable.

dRavidC
    dRavidC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6849

maybe watch the 1st half of the game so get a feel of how each team is going then make a 2nd half play? it's worked well for me 7-1 for nba playoffs 2nd halves 2011, well more so then betting full game lines.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

You bet to win the series then you just sit back and wait and wait and wait.

If your team to win the series is up 3-0 or 3-1, you let it ride to cash in that series bet.

If your team skunk and is 0-3 or 1-3, you hedge your way out of it.

Either way, you will make a profit even if you are hedging. You just have to bet higher than what you bet on the initial series and factoring in the juice money as well.

A proven system since teams that are 3-1 or 3-0 tends to go on and winning the series.

Betting anything in between is a coin toss because the NBA is fawked up like that.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

No.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    It seems like every game is a fuking a guess. You either get it right or don't. The traditional handicap thinking doesn't work here. Lakers getting swept, Boston losing a must win, an eight seed playing like they're a number one seed. I mean WTF is going on here

In the regular season it was much easier, because you could find advantages on teams playing playing back to backs games or betting against teams that just suxs on the road. I think I should bet with just betpoints for now on until the start of the WNBA, season. Be much more refreshing by then.
    lose

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

You approach the playoffs differently in some ways, but ultimately it's about picking your spots, the same as the regular season. The biggest problem most bettors have with the playoffs is that they're action junkies so with only 1-2 games on a particular day at times, people feel the need to bet the game even though they shouldn't.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

They also tend to take a series of bets on those 1-2 games, with totals, halves, props etc. The tendency to "bet big on big games" keeps burying people too. Why increase bet size just because it's the playoffs?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

traditional handicapping, wtf is that?

Sounds like a square who bet on the faves and must win games which don't exist in reality.

Try reading between the lines, like why the books offered such a low line on memphis-San antonio