[hahy-pur-buh-lee]

–noun Rhetoric .
    1. obvious and intentional exaggeration

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    10-6 Lions
    predicting the lions biggest win next season?

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

they needto bring ocho. Liked the pick, would prefered prince, but bpa was too strong

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Nick Fairley is a bust like Albert Hanestworth.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I don't think it's fair to throw him under the bus with Haynesworth. Guy just won a national championship stopping the best offense college football has seen in a long time. Let him play a down in the NFL before you throw him under the bus like that!

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Am I the only one that thought Fairley was a horrible pick? I thought this was perfect spot to take Prince. Fairley had 1 good season and has character issues. Still think it was a reach

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Lions had a fine season last year and will improve. Chicago is bull and Packers are only wannabees.

FindTheLock

Packers are wannabees? Is that code for super bowl champions?

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

I think you getting a little too excited about Fairley. He has a chance to be great but not as close to that being a sure thing as Suh was last year.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Nick Fairley is a bust like Albert Hanestworth.

Haynseworth was far from a bust, sure he quit after the skins paid him all that grip but he didnt get that payday by being a bust, the guy was a fukkin beast in ten......

all you guys hating on Fairley is crazy to me, yes ill admit he is far from a high motor guy and yea he takes plays off but he is a one in a generation talent at dt (on the plays he decides to do something), he seems a lot like Sapp to me and he had a "ok" career...........

and like someone else mentioned, working with Su may really rub off on this guy. i hear the arguments for taking prince but im not so sure he is a 4sure thing either....the Lions will be absolutely dominate up front this season so their corners should only have to be serviceable..

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    who??? the Detroit Kittens?? really?? Come on bro how many good drafts have they had that at least looked good on paper?

How are they going to win 12 games next year when the go 0-4 vs Green bay and Chicago alone (predicted) this season.. if they go 2-4 in Conference i will be impressed..
    You clearly aren't paying attention to Detroit under Jim Schwartz. He has Detroit looking good thus far. And the players seem to enjoy playing for him. Being competitive and winning 12 games in the near future is not out of the question.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post

You clearly aren't paying attention to Detroit under Jim Schwartz. He has Detroit looking good thus far. And the players seem to enjoy playing for him. Being competitive and winning 12 games in the near future is not out of the question.
    homie i play attention plenty.. it's all i do.. u have to realized i lived in that state for 5 years.. i can't help but follow them..

have they gotten better yes... will they win 12 games in a season?? HELL NO.. not with the current Bears and Packers team in the same conference..

Right now as i stated earlier they will be lucky to go 2-4 in conference play.. Not sure how they are going to have 12 wins.. they would have to wait for a cupcake schedule.. not to many of those in the NFL though..

They might not be the laughing stock along with cleveland.. but 12 wins? come on bro.. name 12 teams they can beat tomorrow... if you like you can try to convince me they will be teams in conference twice.. so maybe you won't need 12 teams..

but come on.. every year. its the same bullshit during the draft.. guys come on here.. thinking they just drafted Johnny Unites say there franchise will win 12 games..etc..etc..

only 4 teams has 12 or more wins last year.. 2 of those teams were tied for 12.. (steeler & ravens) the other was 13 (falcons) and 14 (pats)

you are saying the Lions will be a top 3 or 4 team in the NFL?? in the near future? Really ?

I guess i dont watch enough football.. what do i know..
    Last edited by kmarinouofm; 04-29-11 at 01:09 AM.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post

all they gotta do is keep Staford healthy (which hasnt seemed to be easy for them), hell even with Hill they would win the nfc west but unfortunately for them this is the packs division for the near future but i could easily see det being their biggest rival..

im damn sure not counting all these losses guys in here are trying to give them against minny, chi, and even acting like its a easy sweep for the pack.....if anyone doesnt think det is on the rise they really dont watch much fb.........

BigDan

homie i play attention plenty.. it's all i do.. u have to realized i lived in that state for 5 years.. i can't help but follow them..

have they gotten better yes... will they win 12 games in a season?? HELL NO.. not with the current Bears and Packers team in the same conference..

Right now as i stated earlier they will be lucky to go 2-4 in conference play.. Not sure how they are going to have 12 wins.. they would have to wait for a cupcake schedule.. not to many of those in the NFL though..

the current Bears team will go backwords not forwards this season and now that minny thought it was a good idea to draft ponder with the 12th pick its not hard to see det being the Packs main rival in the next years to come (with the Huge "if" that Stafford can stay healthy)

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

6 hours after he gets drafted and they already have the best defensive line of all time?? let's see what his workouts and training camp look like first pal. there's a reason he went from potential top 3 pick right after the season ended to mid-first round. word has it around the league that he has a shitty work ethic.

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post

the current Bears team will go backwords not forwards this season and now that minny thought it was a good idea to draft ponder with the 12th pick its not hard to see det being the Packs main rival in the next years to come (with the Huge "if" that Stafford can stay healthy)
    maybe you are right bro.. but until further notice.. i take Tubby and the Bears over The Kittens any day

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    6 hours after he gets drafted and they already have the best defensive line of all time?? let's see what his workouts and training camp look like first pal. there's a reason he went from potential top 3 pick right after the season ended to mid-first round. word has it around the league that he has a shitty work ethic.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

They might not be the laughing stock along with cleveland.. but 12 wins? come on bro.. name 12 teams they can beat tomorrow... if you like you can try to convince me they will be teams in conference twice.. so maybe you won't need 12 teams..

but come on.. every year. its the same bullshit during the draft.. guys come on here.. thinking they just drafted Johnny Unites say there franchise will win 12 games..etc..etc..

only 4 teams has 12 or more wins last year.. 2 of those teams were tied for 12.. (steeler & ravens) the other was 13 (falcons) and 14 (pats)

you are saying the Lions will be a top 3 or 4 team in the NFL?? in the near future? Really ?

I guess i dont watch enough football.. what do i know..
    well said. also, you have to realize they still do not have a proven quarterback at this point

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Cant wait to watch this D-Line in action.

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

i have them going 10-6, packers wont make playoffs. mark my words

Win
    Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

win 12? you're dreaming!

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by tim0402 View Post

u saying the lions go 10-6 and win the division really ?

that is what you are saying if they go 10-6 and the packers don't make the playoffs..

u saying the packers have less then 10 wins this year? or are you saying either the bears or the vikings win the division?

BigDan

hopefully for your sake no one remembers these words cause only way Pack dont make the playoffs is if they dont have a season..........

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The biggest problem that Detroit has is no one to protect the QB. Year after year, Stafford is back there getting killed and either banged up or injured and out for long periods of time.

Try protecting the QB and see how much more production you'll get out of Calvin Johnson. Not that his production is lacking

FindTheLock

u saying the lions go 10-6 and win the division really ?

that is what you are saying if they go 10-6 and the packers don't make the playoffs..

u saying the packers have less then 10 wins this year? or are you saying either the bears or the vikings win the division?
    haha who cares what he's saying he doesn't know anything about football claiming the packers won't make the playoffs. i am a bucs fan, but I know talented teams when I see them

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post

haha who cares what he's saying he doesn't know anything about football claiming the packers won't make the playoffs. i am a bucs fan, but I know talented teams when I see them
    i want to see how many of these fools would actually lay good money on a prop stating the lions win at least 12 games over the next 5 seasons.. not one in the bunch..

FindTheLock

i want to see how many of these fools would actually lay good money on a prop stating the lions win at least 12 games over the next 5 seasons.. not one in the bunch..
    exactly!! NFL and college football is where I make most of my gambling money, and I know I won't be listening to that guys opinion for this season lol Not to mention winning 12 games in the NFL puts you on par with one of the best teams in the league. So basically the guy is claiming a lions team with no protection for their franchise QB is going to win 12 games by stuffing the run. The lions secondary is still full of holes so stuffing the run isn't even their main weakness at this point. That DL is sick I'm not going to lie, but the passing game is still opened in the lions secondary. Packer OL is just as sick as the detroit DL. When they play Rodgers will have a field day.
    Last edited by FindTheLock; 04-29-11 at 01:52 AM.

FindTheLock

only way the packers wouldn't make the playoffs is if rodgers got injured at the beginning of the season, and they would still probably make the playoffs.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    Lions had a fine season last year and will improve. Chicago is bull and Packers are only wannabees.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

If the Packers are so great. Why did they sneak into the playoffs last year? I'm just saying.

On paper, the Lions D-Line looks dominate. Last year they were 12th in total defense, and 9th against the run. This addition can help that improve.

FindTheLock

they had to fight for a playoff spot because of all their injuries. Look at what happened in the post season when they had their starting QB! Ask the falcons how good that packer OL is. I called the packers winning once I saw how good Rodgers was. That guy is a serious QB with a great OL giving him all day to pick apart any defense!! Packers are for real, and I don't even like the packers...

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

The Lions are definitely on the upswing and I guess according to you, the 16 guys coming off of IR for the Packers that didn't even play in the Super Bowl will somehow make them weaker this year, culminating in them missing the playoffs.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Another idiotic thread starter who fails to realize there were sports before the year 2000.

pozzy
    pozzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

It all depends on how Fairly plays out.. If he is a beast in the NFL, they may have one of the best interior lines of all time..

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

I dare to dream

First 123 Last