horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

? Are US residents allowed to gamble online or not?

Can someone explain this to me?

I mean PS and FTP used some tricks to hide deposits and payments from US gouverment, but other sites allow US residents to deposit and play without restrictions ....

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

You can gamble your balls off all you want. It's the funding from US banks or using US currency while inside the US that is illegal.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

We are not allowed, I have to go to a hidden location to gamble on Cockfighting!

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can gamble on the lottery all you want, since the government runs the numbers game now.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

no.. against the law.. they can't tax it, so they won't allow it.

Robust

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I have a feeling Poker is going to be setup in the near future where it will be legal and taxed.. Sports Betting will stay how it is forever....

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lots of good answers in this thread...

Doc

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I have a feeling Poker is going to be setup in the near future where it will be legal and taxed.. Sports Betting will stay how it is forever....

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

The fact of the matter is is that it is untested under the current law. It may or may not be illegal for you to gamble online through a variety of theories and laws.

While it is clear that under UEIGA (or w/e the acronym is) banks are breaking the law by knowingly funding gambling transactions there is no explicit extension to you the player. It would come down to an interesting argument from a prosecutor, a shoddy defense from your attorney and the whim of the particular judge that was hearing your case (or what circuit/region it was in).

It is one of those things that may never be fully tested, at least under UEIGA. A federal prosecutor simply doesn't have the time or resources to go after the culprits in what could be characterized as a victimless crime.

The above discussion does not include consideration for various state laws on the books or currently under proposal. A state can absolutely make it illegal for you to gamble online, and I think a few have (KY, WA?).

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Been to Vegas lately?

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

don't let authority figures push you around...if you want to bet...bet...they are all as crooked as the day is long anyway with their illegal campaign contributions that they don't all report...

cobalt king
    cobalt king's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its been off and on for years with the online poker but I don't really care cause all I ever did was get my ass kicked online anyway

Salamander
    Salamander's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Robust View Post
    no.. against the law.. they can't tax it, so they won't allow it.

Robust
    This is not correct. You can't accept bets, i.e. be a bookie, that is illegal almost everywhere in the U.S. Only in Washington state can you absolutely not gamble, either as a bookie or just someone making bets, on-line, as there is a specific state law.

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

i think we as adults should be allowed the choice

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Fukkin Bill Frist,he piggy backed this law into effect because he thinks gambling is immoral and then a few weeks after it passes,he gets caught fukking a 15 yr old boy in his ass.Now where I come from that is immoral.The mother fukker should be in jail,but hes still a politician in Tennessee.Fukk him and the Govt. I think theres more important shit to worry about than if I guy wants to sit in his living room and gamble away his own money.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Prick

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldysnuts44 View Post
    Fukkin Bill Frist,he piggy backed this law into effect because he thinks gambling is immoral and then a few weeks after it passes,he gets caught fukking a 15 yr old boy in his ass.Now where I come from that is immoral.The mother fukker should be in jail,but hes still a politician in Tennessee.Fukk him and the Govt. I think theres more important shit to worry about than if I guy wants to sit in his living room and gamble away his own money.
    what??? I think that might have been someone else

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Absolutely correct.

This move was nothing but a design to issue licenses and begin taxing the poker players.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

Quote Originally Posted by kickenchicken View Post
    i think we as adults should be allowed the choice
    this statement is foolish. Should I be allowed the choice to drink a 30 pack and drive home? I am an adult after all.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

It's a shame you can't do anything anymore that's fun.

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20709

its ok, as long as you have a note from mommy

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
    this statement is foolish. Should I be allowed the choice to drink a 30 pack and drive home? I am an adult after all.
    Not comparable. Playing online poker with your own money does not risk the safety of others. Drunk driving definitely does.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

America is supposed to be the land of the free, bullsht, it is becoming a fkning communist country, you cant even play poker online or make a sports bet online legally, gtfo of that country before they dont allow you to leave

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!

controled freedom ... if America follows the same direction, in 10 years you might want to move to China.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

who gives a phuck?