mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

fanduel.com

anyone else playing at fanduel? there seems to be a ton of fish there and is a nice side spot to make some cash. Plus they let you use paypal. The fee take out, 10%, is a bit high but I can deal with that.

Last edited by sam9ball; 04-18-11 at 12:08 PM. Reason: deleted link

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

The rake is pretty ridiculous. I played with fairly EV+ strategy, won about 60% of my games, and was up like 2% over a fair-sized set of games. It requires lots of investment of time for very little return as far as profit is concerned. Plus I think the highest game they offer is $100, which is just not going to cut it for people that want to make some money.

It is pretty fun, but I wouldn't count on raking in cash.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

suckers

no thanks

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

that paypal option will not last

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    that paypal option will not last
    yes it will

fantasy sports were given a cut out, and are now "legal" in the United States

the only way it will not last is if Congress passes new legislation specifically outlawing Fantasy sports (incredibly unlikely).

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Domer. Plus, fanduel has been running for some time now, i would think it would have already been stopped if it was going to be

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by Domer View Post

yes it will

fantasy sports were given a cut out, and are now "legal" in the United States

the only way it will not last is if Congress passes new legislation specifically outlawing Fantasy sports (incredibly unlikely).
    NOP

No, no it will not. paypal has their own sent of rules. Perfectly legal sites like say freesportsbet.com who had an option to upgrade your account for more benefits using paypal was shut down. If I really wanted to I could list all of the "legal" sites paypal banned but I have other things to do. Just get creative and google search and you will see.

Next time Domer I suggest you do that before posting. I fully realize that site is legal. I just stated paypal will not last and it will not.

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    I agree with Domer. Plus, fanduel has been running for some time now, i would think it would have already been stopped if it was going to be
    paypal takes their time. Or maybe some ass hat reports them when they take it up the rear etc.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

hush biff

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    hush biff
    what? this is the internet pal you think im scared? sure, i could do what you and richkas do and go with the tough guy act. i have nothing to prove however.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post

what? this is the internet pal you think im scared? sure, i could do what you and richkas do and go with the tough guy act. i have nothing to prove however.

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Domer hit it spot on. It's fun but solely geared towards recreational players. To make any kind of serious profit the volume of games you played would have to be huge.

waiverwire
    waiverwire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 767

I work for Fanduel, so I can address a few of the comments here.

As Domer said, the games are completely legal. While it's conceivable that Paypal will eventually decide they don't want to handle our transactions, that seems unlikely - they've been accepting transactions for similar sites for five years now.

While the rake looks high compared to sports betting, it's actually a bit easier to achieve a high ROI. The market is much less efficient, since you're competing directly against specific other players - one other in the case of our h2h contests. There are players achieving some pretty nice ROIs over meaningful sample sizes.

Also, while the biggest entry fees are $109 currently, there are players averaging $1,000 or so per day (higher if you leave out the days that they skip entirely). So moderately high volume is also achievable...and traffic is increasing pretty quickly (up about 600% since this time last year).

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by waiverwire View Post
    I work for Fanduel, so I can address a few of the comments here.

As Domer said, the games are completely legal. While it's conceivable that Paypal will eventually decide they don't want to handle our transactions, that seems unlikely - they've been accepting transactions for similar sites for five years now.

While the rake looks high compared to sports betting, it's actually a bit easier to achieve a high ROI. The market is much less efficient, since you're competing directly against specific other players - one other in the case of our h2h contests. There are players achieving some pretty nice ROIs over meaningful sample sizes.

Also, while the biggest entry fees are $109 currently, there are players averaging $1,000 or so per day (higher if you leave out the days that they skip entirely). So moderately high volume is also achievable...and traffic is increasing pretty quickly (up about 600% since this time last year).
    This is what I meant. paypal goes by their own rules. You know this. Even though you said similar sites have used paypal for 5 years you know that can stop at any second.

That's all I was getting at. paypal can and does get away with what ever they want.