M0RPH
    M0RPH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tennis match changed venue

I have a book which has voided my tennis bet because of a change from outdoor to indoor court mid game.

The rules state that "If the venue or playing surface for a match is changed match bets will be void".

Does this count as a change of venue or should it have stood as it is still the same centre and court surface?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It did technically did change so I would say you don't have much of a case sir.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Which match are you talking about? I don't think you have a case.

M0RPH

Sorry, it was not quite as I posted in original.

The match was MARIA KIRILENKO vrs LUCIE SAFAROVA in Korea open.

Actually what happen was they made it a loser then voided, then made it a loser again. What I was thinking was that it should have been left as a void.

They are claiming that they originally voided because they thought the surface had changed, but then realised that it had just been moved indoors to same surface which does not constitute a change of venue or surface.

The rules for the site state:

"If the venue or playing surface for a match is changed, the wagering odds for match bets will be adjusted. Match bets placed at the pre-adjustment odds are void. Futures or Ante post wagers will stand."

bigboydan

Which book sir?

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

The match should have been voided even though it was a losing wager. I hope you didn't lose too much.

M0RPH

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Which book sir?
    The book was Instantactionsports. I lost enough to annoy me.

Have I got a case to complain you think?

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by M0RPH View Post
    The book was Instantactionsports. I lost enough to annoy me.

Have I got a case to complain you think?
    In all honesty I don't feel you have a case sir. However you are always welcome to fill out a complaint form though.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

As much as I want to be on your side, I don't think there is a case.

My reasoning is the same as what you were told: neither the venue nor playing surface was changed. So by the wording of the rule, it is a live bet. There is no contingency mentioned for switching from outdoor to indoor. Maybe there should be - it's arguable - but there isn't.

The situation seems a bit funky but bottom line, they played the match and your player lost.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I had a similar dispute with Pinnacle about 2 years ago. I had a wager on a tennis match. Near the end of the final set, it was moved indoors. The wager was cancelled. This is pretty much the industry standard.

"Indoor hardcourt" is different from "outdoor hardcourt", and would normally cancel a wager if it happened before it began. It's a little more ambiguous what happens mid-match, but unless the rules specify otherwise, it should be voided.