1. #1
    Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-06
    Posts: 4,468
    Betpoints: 121

    Sportsgirl's week 4 NFL picks column

    Good luck, everyone


    http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...D=200880926080

    NFL PICKS: Carolina hosts Atlanta in NFC South division match up

    In a NFC South match up, the 2-1 Atlanta Falcons head to Carolina to visit the Panthers, also 2-1. Some are shocked by Atlanta’s record, but, really, is it all that surprising? Wins over hapless Detroit and Kansas City this season really don’t do much to bolster confidence or suggest this team can go on the road and topple the Panthers. On the other side of the ball, the Panthers have a road win over San Diego, albeit a last-second victory and another comeback win over Chicago. Much was anticipated last weekend from Carolina with the return of WR Steve Smith; however, not much materialized from that hype as QB Jake Delhomme and Smith never seemed to find their rhythm during their loss in Minnesota.

    For Carolina to be successful at home against Atlanta, Delhomme and Smith have to get together, and the defense will have to stop Falcons RB Michael Turner, putting pressure on rookie QB Matt Ryan – pressure Ryan proved in Tampa Bay he can’t handle. Carolina (-6.5) both wins and covers.

    San Diego (-7) at Oakland
    Who would have thought that these AFC West teams would be tied at 1-2 going into week 4 of this NFL season? I would have suspected the 1-2 from Oakland, but the Chargers? San Diego has suffered two tough losses – one even heart-wrenching – in these first weeks of the season, but still they sport the 29th ranked defense in the league. Can Oakland QB JaMarcus Russell score on this Chargers defense? He has amassed a paltry 391 yards passing in three games, completing only 51.6 percent of his passes. Conversely for San Diego, QB Phillip Rivers has completed more than two-thirds of his passes for 844 yards. Chargers win, but don't cover.

    Baltimore (+5.5) at Pittsburgh (Monday night)
    Baltimore travels to Pittsburgh with the league’s top-ranked defense in tow – but with games against Cincinnati and Cleveland, and an unplanned bye week in between, is that really saying much? Disturbing for the Baltimore offense is that rookie QB Joe Flacco has thrown for a mere 258 yards in two games, has no TDs and 2 INTs. With Pittsburgh holding the No. 2 spot in the league with six picked-off passes, this could be a long day at Heinz Field for the Ravens’ QB. Steelers win and cover.

    The rest
    Arizona (+1) at N.Y. Jets: Cardinals, Cardinals +1

    Minnesota (+3) at Tennessee: Titans, Titans -3

    Denver (-9) at Kansas City: Broncos, Broncos -9

    San Francisco (+5) at New Orleans: Saints, Saints -5

    Atlanta (+6.5) at Carolina: Panthers, Panthers -6.5

    Cleveland (+3.5) at Cincinnati: Bengals, Bengals -3.5

    Green Bay (+1) at Tampa Bay: Bucs, Bucs -1

    Houston (+7.5) at Jacksonville: Jaguars, Houston -7.5

    Buffalo (-8) at St. Louis: Bills, Bills -8

    San Diego (-7.5) at Oakland: Chargers, Raiders +7.5

    Washington (+11) at Dallas: Cowboys, Redskins +11.5

    Philadelphia (-3) at Chicago: Eagles, Eagles -3

    Monday's Game

    Baltimore (+5.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers, Steelers -5.5

    Open: Indianapolis, Miami, New England, Seattle, N.Y. Giants, Detroit

    Last week, 8-8 straight up, 4-12 spread; overall, 27-20 straight up, 19-26-1 spread
    Last edited by SBRforum Staff; 09-26-08 at 05:08 PM. Reason: add column

  2. #2
    Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-06
    Posts: 15,818
    Betpoints: 109

    Sorry Nancy, but I have to pull for my Bears. And I hope your Steelers kick the holy poop out of Ray Lewis and the black birds.

  3. #3
    Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-06
    Posts: 4,468
    Betpoints: 121

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Sorry Nancy, but I have to pull for my Bears. And I hope your Steelers kick the holy poop out of Ray Lewis and the black birds.
    It's ok, Willie, I understand. As long as my Steelers win, everything else is gravy


  4. #4
    pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-25-07
    Posts: 12,757

    Hey Sportsgirl !!!!

  5. #5
    InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-28-08
    Posts: 15,244

    Opposite side ofthe fence on the Rams and 49 ers however the NFL has not been kind to me the last three weeks nonetheless...

    Nice write and Best of Luck!

  6. #6
    Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-06
    Posts: 4,468
    Betpoints: 121

    Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Hey Sportsgirl !!!!
    Hey Chip!

  7. #7
    Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-06
    Posts: 4,468
    Betpoints: 121

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheHole View Post
    Opposite side ofthe fence on the Rams and 49 ers however the NFL has not been kind to me the last three weeks nonetheless...

    Nice write and Best of Luck!
    Thanks and bol to you 2!

  8. #8
    ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-15-06
    Posts: 4,827
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    Arizona (+1) at N.Y. Jets: Cardinals, Cardinals +1

    Minnesota (+3) at Tennessee: Titans, Titans -3

    Denver (-9) at Kansas City: Broncos, Broncos -9

    San Francisco (+5) at New Orleans: Saints, Saints -5

    Atlanta (+6.5) at Carolina: Panthers, Panthers -6.5

    Cleveland (+3.5) at Cincinnati: Bengals, Bengals -3.5

    Green Bay (+1) at Tampa Bay: Bucs, Bucs -1

    Houston (+7.5) at Jacksonville: Jaguars, Houston -7.5

    Buffalo (-8) at St. Louis: Bills, Bills -8

    San Diego (-7.5) at Oakland: Chargers, Raiders +7.5

    Washington (+11) at Dallas: Cowboys, Redskins +11.5

    Philadelphia (-3) at Chicago: Eagles, Eagles -3

    Monday's Game

    Baltimore (+5.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers, Steelers -5.5

    Open: Indianapolis, Miami, New England, Seattle, N.Y. Giants, Detroit
    Either you got some mean d*ck last night or you're tarded hahaha j/k.... I do like all of your main picks with the write ups... As far as the rest do you really like damn near every f*ckin' game on the board..???


  9. #9
    Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-06
    Posts: 4,468
    Betpoints: 121

    I have to pick all the games, Shams.

  10. #10
    Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-06
    Posts: 4,468
    Betpoints: 121

    Hey Willie - can you link this thread into the NFL forum, too - you or someone usually does that. Thanks

  11. #11
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    Hey Willie - can you link this thread into the NFL forum, too - you or someone usually does that. Thanks
    Done.

  12. #12
    Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-05-08
    Posts: 9,682

    Nanc, as always, you are a woman who knows her stuff.

  13. #13
    hakrjak
    hakrjak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-19-08
    Posts: 413

    Wow -- How could you pick the terrible Oakland Raiders to cover against the Super Bowl Caliber San Diego Chargers? You're just trying to peeve me right? LOL

    SD -7 in that one is a ***LOCK***

    - Hakrjak

  14. #14
    Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-06
    Posts: 4,468
    Betpoints: 121

    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    Nanc, as always, you are a woman who knows her stuff.
    Thanks, Robs. I luvs ya and I miss ya ... do they have large beer in Tampa? If so, I may have to come and see ya!

  15. #15
    Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-05-08
    Posts: 9,682

    They do! There is a fun irish pub in Ybor City that has beers the size of yours.

  16. #16
    Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-06
    Posts: 4,468
    Betpoints: 121

    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    They do! There is a fun irish pub in Ybor City that has beers the size of yours.
    I'm looking into flights. You and I, after 3+ years, NEED to drink together

  17. #17
    Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-06
    Posts: 4,468
    Betpoints: 121

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Done.
    Thanks, Lou

  18. #18
    wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-07
    Posts: 8,038

    god i have been to that pub a few times robyn.. first irish pub i have seen where they are no irish

  19. #19
    hakrjak
    hakrjak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-19-08
    Posts: 413

    The F'in Steelers and Eagles screwed us this week! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

  20. #20
    VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-07
    Posts: 8,056

    Quote Originally Posted by hakrjak View Post
    The F'in Steelers and Eagles screwed us this week! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Me too, so hard to watch these two games.

  21. #21
    20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-07
    Posts: 6,705
    Betpoints: 312

    Glad to see you back posting your picks Nancy. Like to see what you have to say. BTW Pittsburgh sucks this year so don't play them every week.

Top