Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Packers without BIGBY and HARRIS......this really hurts the Pack

Very tough game from a handicapping standpoint, but I would really be leary of taking the Packers with these two guys out.

I would fully expect Griese to have a good game..........something in the 275 yard and 2 TD range.

Can GB counter with enough offense of their own?

Not sure...........

At this time, no play.........but seriously considering the TB side at -1 or better.

Stay tuned

FH

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have Tampa teased.

I don't know much about Tampa, but Green Bay is just not all that good.

I would need some points in order to back them on the road.

Homedawg
    Homedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fish any plays this weekend??

Homedawg
    Homedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played TB at a pk a few days ago. Like them at home against a banged up secondary. GB isn't getting the same production on the ground as they did from Grant last yr. I expect TB's defense to be able to contain their 1 dimensional offense and take advantage of a banged up D (Barnett IMO the most important player on D also banged up).

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought this one smelled like a tight 24-17 victory for the Pack when the line opened. However I like to wait a little later in the week, and as such learned Al Harris is out and may even be out the year with some kind of spleen injury. Bigby can make some big plays but he's not as big a blow as Harris, although it does beg the question of depth in the backfield which isn't a good thing against a QB that's been playing above himself.

The Packers still ultimately have the better team and I try not to let things like one or two guys being out make me fade a team, because time and time again guys step up and rally around each other for the win. I'd actually wait to see how this line moved but if it goes Tampa Bay's way some more think the value still lay with the Green and Gold.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    I thought this one smelled like a tight 24-17 victory for the Pack when the line opened. However I like to wait a little later in the week, and as such learned Al Harris is out and may even be out the year with some kind of spleen injury. Bigby can make some big plays but he's not as big a blow as Harris, although it does beg the question of depth in the backfield which isn't a good thing against a QB that's been playing above himself.

The Packers still ultimately have the better team and I try not to let things like one or two guys being out make me fade a team, because time and time again guys step up and rally around each other for the win. I'd actually wait to see how this line moved but if it goes Tampa Bay's way some more think the value still lay with the Green and Gold.

Excellent thoughts.........agree, although in no way will I be taking the Pack..........it will be BUCS or pass.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

I just took the Bucs. Better take them now because the line will go up.

hakrjak
    hakrjak's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking GB -pk on this one. Bigby is overrated, and so is Harris. They should be fin without them.

- Hakrjak

griffijf
    griffijf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hakrjak View Post
    I'm taking GB -pk on this one. Bigby is overrated, and so is Harris. They should be fin without them.

- Hakrjak
    Atari is overrated, but Al Harris is as good as it gets....

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

gb still has has good pass rush, and they can stop the run when theyre not facing o-line of the cowboys. they will have a thin secondary but griese won't have time to take advantage of it. gb defense should be solid against the mediocre bucs.

gb on offense should have no problem moving the ball, and scoring. hell last week against dallas their main problem wasn't moving the ball, it was scoring the td instead of a fg. if orton can eat up tampa's cover 2, then i don't think the pack is going to have any trouble.

tb hasn't played all that well in any of their games.

i'll take the far better team at +money on the road

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I'm riding GB in a shootout....I was just in Tampa last week and the freaking humidity almost killed me, that might give the Bucs an edge....Hmmm....OK, still going with GB!