will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I Love Melo but Knicks should've rejected giving Mozgov

They lack size and everyone is producing for Denver while the Knicks bench is depleted. Carmelo Anthony's are so very rare but I think that the Knicks could've gotten away without giving Mozgov. Mozgov has talent and size

Tilt360
    Tilt360's Avatar Become A Pro!

But none of those guy Knick giving up sell ticket, with Melo atleast fan will come out and see.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Knicks can draft that big guy out of UConn and they will be better off. If they can't get him get Kosta Koufos. Mozgov and him are the same thing.

colin fergueson
    colin fergueson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nuggets weren't trading him without mozgov

Mozgov has to learn how to stay out of foul trouble. You don't lose out on Carmelo Anthony for a center avg 4 pts and 3 rebounds.

Melo wanted his extension the end

cigar
    cigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

this Laker/Nugget game is a handicapping 101 textbook example of how the refs can control a game....mozgov throws the ball out of bounds and they say its out on Bynum .... causes a momentum breaking ten point swing.... Nuggets will at least cover here cause they wont let the Lakers pull away

cigar
    cigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Lakers look worn out on trying to beat the Nuggets and the officials here....

I think the trade took so long cause the Nuggets were waiting for what they wanted.... like Colin said

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

lol you parroting that van gundy. I agree Mozgov is really improving as a player and provides some much needed in the paint for the nuggets.

Two consecutive goaltends though GTFO with that sh*t mozzie

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Melo was gonna get his max contract regardless, Knicks clearly need a big but its much easier to land a big of Mozgovs caliber then an all star on Melos level

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    They lack size and everyone is producing for Denver while the Knicks bench is depleted. Carmelo Anthony's are so very rare but I think that the Knicks could've gotten away without giving Mozgov. Mozgov has talent and size
    It's the same problem so many college basketball teams have - you give up a lot for one superstar and it's very hit-or-miss - they can take you to the playoffs but they can also screw you, that's the trouble with resting an entire team on one person. Hindsight is always 20/20 but Denver definitely came out on the better side of that deal. Give me a team that plays 5-man ball any day.

colin fergueson

Quote Originally Posted by ncsubowen View Post
    It's the same problem so many college basketball teams have - you give up a lot for one superstar and it's very hit-or-miss - they can take you to the playoffs but they can also screw you, that's the trouble with resting an entire team on one person. Hindsight is always 20/20 but Denver definitely came out on the better side of that deal. Give me a team that plays 5-man ball any day.
    denver came out on the better side for the short term meaning this year..

they cant afford to keep all those guys

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by colin fergueson View Post

Long Island railroad, correct?

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by colin fergueson View Post

And the Knicks can afford Melo? They need to pick up several support players in the off season and they're giving him his max, I'd hesitate to say they're on the better end of this. Again, I could be sticking my foot into my mouth and the Knicks could dominate next year, but it's a huge risk to dump as much talent as they did for two guys.

buzz1129
    buzz1129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Melo is the man and having the playoff experience of billups is a great move for the NewYork Knicks

colin fergueson

Quote Originally Posted by ncsubowen View Post
    And the Knicks can afford Melo? They need to pick up several support players in the off season and they're giving him his max, I'd hesitate to say they're on the better end of this. Again, I could be sticking my foot into my mouth and the Knicks could dominate next year, but it's a huge risk to dump as much talent as they did for two guys.
    yea the knicks can afford melo

this isnt the only offseason they have to add players. melo and amare are signed for the next 5 or so years..

knicks will be under the cap in 2012 with just melo and amare on the books

what talent did they dump other then gallo?

Wilson Chandler wasnt returning period
    Felton was on a 2 year deal for a reason
    Mozgov averages 4 and 3

The trade was basically melo for gallo and ill do that all day every day