CC
    CC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Experiences with Gambling Advisors?

I posted this on another website, but couldn't get much of a response from anyone. So, I searched around and actually had not heard of SBR before, so hopefully I am not breaking any rules by posting this here.

I'm looking at purchasing a selection subscription from a sports advice website. It's for a sport I don't follow much, AFL, and being from North America, really why would I? The reason I'm looking into it is because the handicapper has a documented 130 unit season last year. I spoke to him by email and said 130 may be unrealistic this year, and that 80 is more a realistic goal. The same site has different guys doing different sports, each netting a fair number of units. The one that interests me more so is MLB so I can follow it, but I only just saw this one and haven't researched it yet. They are expensive. Huge drawback, so they have to be right if I'm to invest serious money in this.

I'm typically a $100 / game bettor, thats just because I don't trust myself - I could afford more. If I spent 3-4k on a package hoping ot see an 80 unit return or so, I would have to up my unit size three or four fold I would think to make it worth while. That in itself is a scary factor. Documented or not, it's still new and scary.

What are you experiences with sports advisors? After a good season, can they back it up again? Or do they just fall flat on their faces and we get more Brandon Lang stories. I don't want to hear any of those please, had one myself FML.

All of these guys seem so sleezy, and it's nearly impossible to find one that wins consistantly. This is why I went through one of these "documented picks" website, but now they cost roughly double what frauds like Brandon Lang do. Is it essentially a get what you pay for thing? I don't really know.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with all of this? Information would be appreciated.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

I am currently 540-3 in the NBA this season, message me to discuss a price for my picks.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I would never buy picks, if these touts were that good they would be betting the games themselves rather then selling their plays

CC

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    I am currently 540-3 in the NBA this season, message me to discuss a price for my picks.
    Haha come on guy. I'm a lawyer, eff off. Say something useful or beat it.

The dude is documented by a third party website. The thing with it is though, is that was LAST season. I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on the longevity or reoccurance rate of these guys' records.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfk View Post
    I would never buy picks, if these touts were that good they would be betting the games themselves rather then selling their plays
    Hmmm, I suppose there is some truth in that. Why are they actually selling this stuff? Disposable income?

CC

True. Why would they bother selling their stuff? Disposable income?

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfk View Post
    nice! by a moderator also

CC

haha I can start to see a consensus thinking here...

CC

lol. i wanted verified records, not this garbage

DMAVS
    DMAVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I charge by how good i do.. not monthly/weekly

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Wow DMAVS...really?

DMAVS
    DMAVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Wow DMAVS...really?
    Its a joke thats why i am laughing

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS View Post
    I charge by how good i do.. not monthly/weekly
    dmavs i will book em. never met a tout that could win.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    lol. i wanted verified records, not this garbage
    DMAVS is a code name for train wreck

CC

well this really has not worked out lol

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

CC,
    You won't find anyone worth while on this site condoning buying picks from a tout. As Bobby already told ya if they were that good they'd be killing the Vegas/offshore books. Documented records are acutally pretty subjective. You'd be better off sticking to sports you know, bet where you find an advantage and stay away from sports you aren't sure of unless you have a model that's been tested. Same thing Warren Buffett said about stocks, only buy companies in markets you understand.

cmoney17
    cmoney17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

If feel you have to buy picks in order to make money gambling you should find a new hobby.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

bobby is right

if he was so fuking good why risk skewing the odds by selling winning selections, he would make infinitely more by betting himself

Hootie Johnson
    Hootie Johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8105

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    All of these guys seem so sleezy, and it's nearly impossible to find one that wins consistantly.
    If I could say only one thing to a bettor, this would be it.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Here in Vegas, I get numerous calls every week from touts. They are all garbage. Just a bunch of hustlers looking to seperate you from your $$ with the hopes they can do better than you. Waste of time.

pennsylvania209
    pennsylvania209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Spend your money on a nice vacation. Not on coin flippers(gambling advisors)

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

CC, there are actually some knowledgable people on this forum in every sport, you just need to find them. You have to learn how to wade through all of the BS lock threads and get to the real stuff. You can find that for free.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    CC, there are actually some knowledgable people on this forum in every sport, you just need to find them. You have to learn how to wade through all of the BS lock threads and get to the real stuff. You can find that for free.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just do your own capping....

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

what's with these ghosts,??

get the fukk outta here

Do you really need 2 points per day that bad?

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

CC, you're a lawyer? These "sports advisors" are good at one thing. Scamming you out of your money.

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

i have got on redd a couple times when he was hot and cashed.. but tend not to stay on long