im a pats fan/season ticket holder....big seymour fan here...this guy is a versatile as they come...this guy was playin nose alot in his rookie year when we won the superbowl....this guy was my favorite player here for years.....you should have seen the crap some ron borges wrote after we drafted him and matt light(and these guys are both have an outside shot at the hall)

i hated to see him moved to oakland...but it fell in line with what we do....guy wants a long term deal with guaranteed money at top dollar...we found a buyer...and now have a mid first round pick we can get younger guy that well have under control for 5 years at a bargain rate.....

didnt get to see oakland play hardly at all this year....but this is a guy whos value isnt really caught by the naked eye....i have to believe even ole al had some football people watching film and grading his effectiveness last year...the guy is never going to produce a gaudy sack total...hes not a 3-4 rush linebacker...nor is he a 4-3 end ......hes a guy that plays on the outside that eats up space, blockers, and helps set the edge against the run......his numbers(which are completely irrelevant...because hes not a playmaker...hes a guy who allows others to make plays) pretty much fall in line with what hes done over his career.....this was an 8-8 team...and al probably thinks he might be able to get them over .500 next year.....seymour is a great leader and commands respect....its not that bad of a deal...its only a two year commitment