Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
Good point in the green part. I did not think of that. But it covers what i said in my reply. You didn't play all the games, since both teams where in the 4in5 scenario and you tried to get better lines. So the stats in the database are off by 2-3%, but again that would not make a difference this season, or the 2006 season or the 2007 seasons. They would still be losing if you were going off this angle alone.

Yes, i'm opinionated. This is also my 1st season gambling so i'm enjoying the learning process. 1 think i learned is that i need to filter 90% of the info posted on the forums (dont take this as an attack on you, i'm speaking in general). Yes, I am still playing with points, should have a tiny BR addition by Feb 18. However i have no interest in posting plays. I'd prefer to discuss the games and hopefully get some of that 10% useful info on them rather then say take the Rockets tonight and thank me later (j/k).

P.S.
Not 100% on this query, but i think it eliminates the both teams in 4in5 scenario.
http://sportsdatabase.com/nba.py/que...t=query_header
Check the results. They do look much better then before. More winning seasons, but its looks like less samples in those seasons. so Longer term you're still looking at.
52.6% over last 10 Years (iirc thats break even exactly)
50.9% over last 5.

Gambling is a losing proposistion. The masses fail at gambling. That is why it is called GAMBLING. Another reason why 90% of what you read is false. I never understood why you held people on this forum to a higher standard than anybody else that gambles. I do not think you are "enjoying" the learning process as you say. You would rather bust peoples balls than take something from them. A basic rule of thumb is to listen to everybody, trust nobody. Many people here do have something to add. Doesn't mean they are a winning gambler but they might have something you can take from them. When I joined this forum I had nearly 11 yrs under my belt. I have always been very well read, studied my craft, schemed, done just about anything and everything to be successful doing this. BUT GUESS WHAT??? I AM STILL LEARNING TOO from people on this forum. I have picked up valuable bits of information from others that I did not consider or overlooked in the past. Bottomline, you can know almost anything and everthing in this game and still struggle. If you reach a number of 55%-60% win ratio over a season you will have reached elite status, but even then nothing is guaranteed moving forward. The best piece of advice I can give you or anybody else is to keep accurate records and to make notes of why you are making the play. Records are important but notes are even more important because over large numbers you can begin to understand the anatomy of a winning play or a losing play. If you just take the time to record your plays, the line, situation, etc.. making some key notes you will improve greatly and better yet you will learn a ton. Always study the losers more closely and look back closely at the situation and ask yourself why it lost and would you make the same play again based on the information you have now. Sometimes you will get beat even making the right play, there again that is why it is called "GAMBLING"