PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

If i ever see a hunter i will kill him

Originally posted on 11/18/2010:

Nothing pissing me off more than people hunting. Going into the wild and killing deer for fun, and then leaving them there. And you call that a sport? Its a ******* joke. People don't come into your home and shoot, because its fun and a "sport."

One thing if you need the food, but as a hobby, it's a ******* disgrace and it's murder. I just saw some shit on tv and needed to vent.
    Points Awarded:

oopfish gave PorkChop 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Although I agree that killing animals for "fun" and for the sake of it is disgusting and barbaric, hunting and more specifically culling is actually vital for conservation. Look more in to this and it will help you have a more objective opinion...

"Lobbying Hunters have worked closely with local and federal governments to enact legislation to protect wildlife habitats. The following examples represent hunter-advocated legislation enacted to generate funds for preserving and establishing habitats.(Hunters Rule)
    The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters successfully lobbied to prevent cuts in funding for the Community Fisheries and Wildlife Involvement Program by 50%.

Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937
    In 1937, hunters successfully lobbied Congress to pass the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act, which placed an 11% tax on all hunting equipment. This self-imposed tax now generates over $700 million each year and is used exclusively to establish, restore and protect wildlife habitats.[30] It is named for Nevada Senator Key Pittman and Virginia Congressman Absalom Willis Robertson.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

very few kill animals and leave them there...

Blacke
    Just Livin' the Dream!
    Blacke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1276

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    very few kill animals and leave them there...
    No one who calls themselves a sportsman just kills and leaves them there.

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

hunting is not a sport. football is a sport. baseball is a sport.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Originally posted on 11/18/2010: Nothing pissing me off more than people hunting. Going into the wild and killing deer for fun, and then leaving them there. And you call that a sport? Its a ******* joke. People don't come into your home and shoot, because its fun and a "sport." One thing if you need the food, but as a hobby, it's a ******* disgrace and it's murder. I just saw some shit on tv and needed to vent.
    agree 100%