Originally posted on 08/06/2010:

Quote Originally Posted by angelodebo View Post
Unfortunately, the first couple weeks of the season the "FADE" is a crapshoot. You are starting with a clean slate and all these teams have unknown variables that change the overall performance of a team. The public perception of most favorites will be strong and alot of times vegas hasn't figured out how strong a team really is or how bad a team will be. So FADING the first couple weeks is at your own peril. Last year I didn't have much success. Everyone was jumping all over favorites, I was FADING, and the underdogs continued to get beat. (same with the NFL) But the year before, the first time I focused on FADING popular picks, the FADE rattled off 6 out 7 (approx). Throughout that year I cleaned up. Obviously I'm not gonna change my philosophy. I'm gonna FADE starting the first week until the bowl games. But be aware, the first two/three weeks aren't perfect!
Fading doesnt always work. How about you do your own research and come up with picks. You would win lot more instead of figuring out what the books and public are doing.