HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Houli's Heros(College Picks)

Illinois +10 @Mizzou
    --- Illinois got rid of Juice Williams. He was never good, and now they have a QB that can complete a pass. This is a revenge game also.

LSU/North Carolina UNDER(38?/42?)
    --- Two bad QB's, and talented defenses going at it. The ball will stay on the ground in this one.

KSU +3 vs. UCLA
    -- a bad coach vs. a good coach. The Good coach is home, and getting points. UCLA's QB is bad, while KSU employs a great D at home.

Ohio St. -9.5 vs. Miami
    --- This is the perfect situation wher a team that is thought to be good is perceived to be "getting to many points". Its not enough.

Purdue/Norte Dame OV(56?/58?)
    --- Passing team, and bad defense on display here. Great game to watch as it will be action packed.

Those are game that I will be playing. More will be coming as we get closer to the first kickoff.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Houli, its that magical time o year......I love the purdue/ND call......I also like the under in the SC/ southern miss. game if the total is 45 or more.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I will not be playing any of those games, but if I were, I would be fading every one of you side plays.

UCLA has their starting QB returning, plus 4 offensive starters on the line. K-State loses starters on defense. How you ever came up with the idea that Snyder is such a good coach is way beyond me. UCLA is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 openers and 7-2 ATS in their last 9 away openers.

Missou owns Illinois. They have won and covered the last 5 games between the two teams. Mizzou returns 8 starters on a pretty good offense, and 8 starters on a defense that was 26th in rushing defense last season. Illinois will have to experiment with a Redshirt Freshman QB. They will run more, pass less. Their defense was pathetic, ranking 98th in scoring defense and 100th in passing defense. Mizzou will have a field day aginst this defense.

Ohio State is a very good team, with a very serious problem. It is called defeating good BCSnon-con teams. In the last 3 years, Ohio State is 1-4 S/U against BCS Conference non-con teams with winning records. It takes Tressel's teams a couple of games to get warmed up. They are also very capable of losing these types of games. Miami must start producing this season. Shannon and Harris have to prove that they can win a big game. They were embarrased last year by Wisky in their bowl game. While I think Ohio State wins this game, I also think it is closer than 9.5 points, which is a suckers play in Vegas.

As far as getting as many as 38 points for the total in the LSU-UNC game, good luck with that. It would be great if you could, but 36 is the absolute higherst number you will see, and 33 is more likely. Do you really think that you are the only person who knows that neither team has an offense? I guarantee you that the oys at the LVSC are also aware of that. Need I remind you about all of the people who were so sure that Alabama-Va. Tech, with their questionable offenses and solid defenses, would easily go under last season? Do not bite for too low of a number. One defensive or special teams score can kill a low number.

As far as Notre Dame-Purdue goes, I think the over is a solid wager. There is not a team in the State of Indiana that knows how to play defense. The games between these two normally go over, especially in Notre Dame Stadium. Notre Dame will have a field day with the Purdue secondary. It is just a question of the two young QB's settling in.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 07-31-10 at 10:44 AM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

srgh

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I will not be playing any of those games, but if I were, I would be fading every one of you side plays.
    GL with that

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

We shall see.

angelodebo
    angelodebo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2429

Whats up Houli? Like the picks.

You know what I'll be doing..right? FADING all the top picks! Cannot wait for another college football season.

See you then!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by angelodebo View Post
    Whats up Houli? Like the picks. You know what I'll be doing..right? FADING all the top picks! Cannot wait for another college football season. See you then!
    The FAde is Strong.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

there is no defense for the faded-away

angelodebo

Unfortunately, the first couple weeks of the season the "FADE" is a crapshoot. You are starting with a clean slate and all these teams have unknown variables that change the overall performance of a team. The public perception of most favorites will be strong and alot of times vegas hasn't figured out how strong a team really is or how bad a team will be. So FADING the first couple weeks is at your own peril.

Last year I didn't have much success. Everyone was jumping all over favorites, I was FADING, and the underdogs continued to get beat. (same with the NFL)

But the year before, the first time I focused on FADING popular picks, the FADE rattled off 6 out 7 (approx). Throughout that year I cleaned up.

Obviously I'm not gonna change my philosophy. I'm gonna FADE starting the first week until the bowl games. But be aware, the first two/three weeks aren't perfect!

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by angelodebo View Post
    Unfortunately, the first couple weeks of the season the "FADE" is a crapshoot. You are starting with a clean slate and all these teams have unknown variables that change the overall performance of a team. The public perception of most favorites will be strong and alot of times vegas hasn't figured out how strong a team really is or how bad a team will be. So FADING the first couple weeks is at your own peril. Last year I didn't have much success. Everyone was jumping all over favorites, I was FADING, and the underdogs continued to get beat. (same with the NFL) But the year before, the first time I focused on FADING popular picks, the FADE rattled off 6 out 7 (approx). Throughout that year I cleaned up. Obviously I'm not gonna change my philosophy. I'm gonna FADE starting the first week until the bowl games. But be aware, the first two/three weeks aren't perfect!
    Fading doesnt always work. How about you do your own research and come up with picks. You would win lot more instead of figuring out what the books and public are doing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: teaserpleaser

angelodebo

I do research my picks. I don't Fade every top pick by the public. There is a method to my madness. If you followed the FADE Thread during the NCAA Basketball tourney you will see the "FADERS" did quite well.

I'm sure we'll post another thread this year for football. Keep an eye out for it. You just might make some money!

angelodebo

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Fading doesnt always work. How about you do your own research and come up with picks. You would win lot more instead of figuring out what the books and public are doing.
    I do research my picks. I don't Fade every top pick by the public. That would not keep me the black

Of course there is a method to the madness. If you followed the FADE Thread during the NCAA Basketball tourney you will see the "FADERS" did quite well.

I'm sure we'll post another thread this year for football. Keep an eye out for it. You just might make some money!

bmsOHST11
    bmsOHST11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Juice WIlliams had his time's and he was dynamic. Mcgee was worse, and I think you will be choking on your words of completing a pass when you see Scheelhaase lol. Gabbert will torch the secondary for 350+ yrds and Mizzou in a route. Illinois is bad i mean bad this year.

Im with you on NC LSU awwwful offense awful I mean awful but I would give Jordan Jefferson a little more credit than TJ yates but that game will be a defensive drubbing.

Im staying away from UCLA KSU that is going to be a good game. I think Kevin Prince will make huge strides this year. But if KSU wins itll be because of Daniel Thomas not their defense at home, guy is a stud household name this year.

I go to OSU, 3rd gen buckeye, season ticket holder, dont bet em. Not a homer but... Miami is in huge trouble, I said USC would beat us last yr. I am thinking like when the bucks went down to austin a few years back. but do not take my word for it

Who is notre dame? they still relevant, havent heard of them...lol

Just my two cents, respect the picks and your reasoning.

BOL on the early week plays.

BTW you know those plays are all wk 1 except OSU which is sept 11th week 2

ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Glad to see you back to the totals. I was just looking at the schedule and thought the same thing as far as the totals go. You nailed both of those games on the head. However, I don't care too much for Illinois but I do like the OVER on that game. Two high scoring offenses and BAD defense. Illinois can put points up in a hurry and they have an explosive ground game and Mizzou never has trouble putting up points (and allowing them) with the spread offense. I also like SMU to play a close game and possibly even upset the Leachless TT. As far the OSU and Miami game goes, well you know where my heart lies. I won't touch that game but if I have to choose between Pryor and Harris, I'd take Harris all day. But at the same time, that OSU defense is no joke. Plus, The U lost a couple on the O-Line and they weren't too good in that department anyways and that is where the Buckeye's will have the advantage. BOL and lets GET$.

escoot
    escoot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Fading only works if someone is bad enough to lose more than 48%. Most will hit between 48-52%