Originally posted on 03/17/2024:

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
Ya, Manster. Flaws in the system.

I'm actually not a big believer in KenPom. I LOVE IT when I see a KenPom rating that I view as flawed.

I'm not sure they get it right. Used to be that winning the REGULAR SEASON in a Tier 2 conference was a De Facto ticket in. Indiana St was 17-3 in Conf, that has to count for something.
totally agree Charles. My sentiments exactly. I'm sick and tired of hearing about KenPom (Just who in the hell is he exactly?) Some analytical geek doing his own number crunching using stats, numerical data, etc. and it's a damn shame that he gets all the clout, credit, and accolades bestowed upon him. Very similar to Jeff Sagarin in college football. very similar to Mel Kiper doing the NFL draft gig! like Irsay said many years ago. "Who in the hell is Mel Kiper? and if he knows so much about football then why isn't he a general manager in the NFL?" but getting back to the point, yes the system is very flawed. unfortunately, there's not much we can do about that. it's always been like that and will continue to be in the future. and I agree that the regular season champion of each and every conference should receive an automatic bid to the big dance and be exempt from their conference tournaments! IMO, I think that would be a big step in the right direction to help alleviate some of these shortcomings and flaws within the NCAA selection process.