Originally posted on 06/07/2020:

This will never end. Why? Because there will be another case of a police officer killing another unarmed black man and then it will start over again. There will be more claims of "systemic racism" and "systemic police brutality". I'm not trying to defend the officer who was involved in the death of George Floyd. I have yet to hear anyone who has said that his actions seem justified. I do generally support our law enforcement officers. They do a dangerous and necessary duty for society. But to claim that the are systematically patrolling with the intent to kill black men is a ludicrous claim. Are there bad cops? Sure. And those need to be identified and dealt with accordingly. But there are bad people in all walks of life. There are bad doctors, bad plumbers, bad priests, bad lawyers and bad politicians (rumor has it that there might even be a couple of good politicians but the case is still out).

But not it's gotten to the point where every time this type of event occurs, there has to be a riot and cities have to be severely damaged and the property of innocent people is destroyed. And anyone who speaks out against this injustice is castigated as an insensitive racist (the leftist response to anything they disagree with).

One could make the claim that there is a worldwide systemic problem with airline safety. It wouldn't be true, but the next time an airplane crashes, and we all know it's going to happen, you could point to it and say "See, I told you so". Should we go burn down an airport every time a plane crashes? Would that prevent the next plane crash?

There should be more public outrage in society every time a police officer is killed. Huge outpourings of people in nationwide (peaceful) dejmonstrations EVERY TIME. And then we would see where the real systemic problem is.