Originally posted on 01/04/2020:

My parents just spent their 50th at the Nugget. Loved Vic and Anthony and the lower limit tables, but if you're only going once every decade or so, stay at a nicer place on the strip and visit downtown one afternoon or early eve,

Take the wife to a nice hotel. I I’d recommend Wynn/Encore (especially Encore) highly If you’ve never stayed there and she’s already stayed at Aria. Beds are some of the most comfortable I’ve ever slept or done other things in. Also, it’s very modern.

Especially if she’s into any of the spa day stuff, don’t be cheap; stay at a nice place,

Paris is pretty nice if you want a smaller hotel vibe. Great piano bar and upper-tier Italian food place and steakhouse up top is above average but you’re paying more for the view. Also, Paris one of the best locations on the strip, as far as traveling or walking to other places.

Cesars, Bellagio and Venetian also top notch, and Ceasers and Venetian have tons of shops she can go to if you’re gambling.

I basically Vegas plan A (with my college buddies where we’re gambling and partying the entire trip), and Vegas plan B with the girlfriend where you have to take what she wants to do a majority of the time into account.

Sounds like you’re on my Vegas plan B, which can also be a lot of fun. We saw Lady Gaga and Rod Stewart last time out and dined very well,

A lot running booking promos now as well, Good luck and have fun!