Originally posted on 11/26/2019:

Quote Originally Posted by ericc View Post
Over the weekend, U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry became the latest highly placed evangelical Christian to claim that President Donald Trump is the “chosen one.”

“I said you were,” Perry said in a clip from an interview shown on Fox News’ “Fox and Friends,” relating a recent conversation with Trump about an August news briefing in which the president said, “I am the chosen one.”

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2019...tary-how-many/
By Ryan Burge and Paul Djupe | Religion News Service

Perry seemed to be making a general point about some Christians’ understanding of God’s role in history. (A Fox reporter made clear that Perry thinks the same of President Barack Obama.) But others have gone further. Not long ago, Paula White, the Pentecostal pastor who was recently named to head the White House’s faith outreach office, said she couldn’t refuse a request to serve from the president. “To say no to President Trump would be saying no to God, and I won’t do that.”

The Rev. Franklin Graham has made similar allusions, saying, “I think God was behind the last election,” as has former U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann. Wayne Allyn Root, a conservative author, radio host and conspiracy theorist, has called Trump the “King of Israel” and “the second coming of God.”

“Going across country talking to supporters of this president, they feel precisely the same way Rick Perry does.” said Peter Hegseth
it is truly scary how throughout the history of man people of "religion" have directly caused great harm. Christianity is a beautiful idea, religion is horrendous. If Christ comes again today I truly believe he would not be associated with the people who call themselves "Christian". Certainly not all, tons of good Christians. However, if you call Trump a man of God something is seriously wrong with you or your religion.

maybe the devil works overtime on people who claim to be religious