Originally posted on 10/15/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
It is real simple. You can argue for or against any system you choose to. You can claim to be a sharp, square, or anything in between. The bottom line is this. Either you have "it" or you do not. "It" is what your gut tells you. A sixth sense, if you will. A few of us have it. It's when every system in the book tells you have a good wager, but your gut says that you do not. If you have "it," you are going to either win, or not lose (by not wagering) 10% more, and that is often the difference between being an overall winner or loser. It's like any other talent. Sure you could win without "it", but it is a hell of a lot easier to win with "it".
What Bigdaddy said!

I try not to overload my brain with statistics even though I do look at them, but statistics alone is not the deciding factor. Regarding the NFL, don't be a prisoner of the moment and don't make your play going off last week's games alone. The NFL is tricky to say the least and the one thing I like to look at is the teams offense and defensive lines, who's got the advantage in the trenches. For college you got to try to figure out the motivation of the team, so take a good look at who they just played and who they are going to play the next week. Take a look at Michigan State for example, they lose to Northwestern at home and then go beat Penn State on the road, most would say they were looking ahead and Northwestern was a trap game. Also, I like take a look at who's got the better coach and get in their heads and ask myself how will they attack/defend there current opponent. Like bigdaddy said, listen to your gut that's probably the #1 thing I go by. I will make a bet early in the week and then the morning of any certain game my gut will tell me you made the wrong pick, so I will bet the other team or just bet enough back to cover my 1st bet.