Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keto Diet : Nominated Post

Originally posted on 12/24/2018:

....yes sort of. I do believe first off my high blood pressure was from eating too much salt last night. I will try not to make that mistake again.

Yes, so here is the thing with the Ketogenic diet. It is carbs you don't want. You need to get a few via veggies and sometimes berries and that is a good rule of thumb. You never have to worry about getting enough protein from what I am exp'g so far but you do need to focus on getting 70% or more fats in the diet. We all know or have always heard that monosaturated fats ( like olive oil, avocado, etc ) are said to be most heart healthy but with Keto they preach a message that saturated fats are actually not from the devil like people have been taught in past. Now, here comes the curveball. If you add carbs to your high fat Keto diet ( in other words get slack or relapse ) then those saturated fats become from the devil again...haha. You see that ? So, everything is closed tonight so was light on groceries and went to McDonald's of all places and got 2 Mushroom n' Swiss Burgers ( no ketchup add mayo and mustard ) ..then got home and through the buns away. I was hungry and so just ate the burgers and cheese.

So, as radical as that sounds , it was the right kind of food w/o the wrong stuff eaten.

Also, just bought some Barney butter via Amazon which is Almond butter. It has the perfect nutritional stats for Keto.

I feel like it will be as hard as I make it or as easy as I make it. Like you said, Avocado, Fish ( oily fish like Salmon , Mackerel, etc ) and other healthy protein sources can be sources can YES DEF be used in place of the red meats and cheeses. The good news is that you can eat the red meats and cheeses in a way that we never could on a regular diet. A regular diet stores fat and burns glucose ( carbs ) first and foremost. What we are left with is unhealthy. The Keto diet has little to no carbs and should be like 2/3 fat and 1/3 protein or something close to a ratio like that. So, the burgers and cheese from McDonalds prob has about a 1/1 ratio of Fats to protein ( and could you believe we actually hope the fats are higher .....less we are doing more Atkins diet. ) This is why some of the foods and/or staples that folks on Keto diets eat would consist of stuff like Eggs n' cheese w/ a touch of sour cream, 1 whole avocado ( or more ) and maybe 2-3 strawberries. Also, bullet proof coffee i think they call it. Coffee with raw unsalted butter and coconut oil or with only Heavy Cream ( never 2% or fat free ) these are staples that keep us full and force the body to burn fats instead of carbs releasing ketone bodies and thus burning fat for fuel instead of storing it. It is simple but still hard for many to grasp what is really going on with it.

One more thing, eating a lot of nuts give us way to much Omega 6's and have us like 12/1 even 14-15/1 ration of 6/3's Fish oil supplements and like you said eating a lot of oily fish and focusing on grass fed beef ( because of the better 3/6 ratio's ) will not only prob give a MORE pleasant exp but make you clinically more or better Keto too.

I know I am all over the place with this post but I'm enjoying the whole exp and could prob type on and on here

Merry Xmas !

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mongolian Beef w/onions and hot peppers no rice from Chinese tonight.