Originally posted on 11/22/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
honestly, I think its ok for any book to adjust odds before, durring, or after the game starts. But, when placing wagers, I want it noted in big bold letters that the better cant miss. These odds are subject to change before, during or even after event is paid out. At managements discretion of what fair market odds are.

Or put a similar message next to every wager placed. I wouldnt wager a penny at a book that does this, but I think its a fair thing to do.
That would be absolutely insane. It would make it impossible to be profitable for any client. Sharp or otherwise. What is the fun in modelling a game, beating the price and then have the book adjust that price again after the game? It would 100% destroy the industry.

I would love to see which games these were. I am under the impression there was probably a fairly big line move, which often happens in these type of basketball games. 5Dimes probably was a little behind (asleep at the wheel) when adjusting the odds and then retroactively did so anyway. I believe that behaviour should be condemned to the fullest, as said before, it opens the floodgates. They are not blatantly wrong odds, they were only slightly adjusted for the most part.

As long as it's not a clear line error (offering +350 instead of +150), but a line where they were simply too slow to adjust odds, the bet should always, always stand and there should not even be a discussion about it IMHO. Imagine WillHill booking Man Utd VS say Wolverhampton tomorrow. Say Wolverhampton is at +600. Then during warmup, 2 key Man Utd players are injured and the Wolverhampton price drops to +400. Do you think those thousands of English punters would accept it if Willhill would simply drop their payout for every ticket booked? No, neither would IBAS and neither should any offshore client. It would be robbery, plain and simple. Or do you even think for 1 second they would also increase the payout for every Man Utd ticket booked? Nope, they wouldn't...and even if they did, by how much? They could add a few ticks to their margin every time. As I said, it opens the floodgates to every form of cheating for books. Doesn't matter if it's a small market or not.