Originally posted on 11/04/2018:

I have only met Andy and Mindy a couple of times at the SBR bashes, they always struck me as vibrant and full of life. While I am not a religious person, I have a huge amount of respect for them keeping their attitude positive and fighting together, whatever drives them. Keep these guys in your thoughts/prayers and donate as you can.

H4 D10

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 1 hour ago
HOPE
I hope for the best, I pray for strength, I look back and see the gains and I cheer on the man that is struggling with the reality that he is living in as he wonders about what life will look like, if he will make a full recovery. Today as I sat next to Andy I reminded him about my saying... Choose Your Attitude. I told him I am even sharing it with my staff in my weekly news after someone had emailed me and said they read something and it reminded them of me (see below). I also shared the reading with Andy.

Andy is making gains and we found out that not all of his muscles are triggering like we thought, we learned that is left shoulder is nearly falling out (dislocating) due to the lack of muscles. We have heard hard news that Andy won't be transitioning home next, he will go to a transitional care unit. Yes, the news is challenging well Andy stated depressing until I gave him the replacement word, challenging. AND we get to choose our attitude, we get to show up how we want and with a positive attitude come positive gains. Andy used his core strength to move himself in bed the other day! Andy is driving a power wheel chair better than most who have been in them for years! Andy is relentless in his therapies and gets the most out of every single hour! Andy is eating real food, although it is pureed like baby food, it is real food!

We are so thankful for our prayer warriors, for those who are looking out for us, helping us out and just calling to check in. Andy and I are so lucky to have wonderful moms who have stepped in without hesitation. I can't express enough how thankful and lucky we are to have you all in our lives. Today I was at church and noticed our supporters wearing #TeamAndy bracelets, I received a Facebook post of distant relatives in Georgia sporting #TeamAndy shirts, I think they were our Vikings good luck charms. Again, thank you for your words of encouragement and kind gestures. We adore each and everyone of you!

With gratitude,
Mindy

ATTITUDEbyCharles Swindoll
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes”