Originally posted on 09/10/2018:

Balancing Life

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 14 minutes ago
You know the one thing I have always strived for is to balance life... I mean who doesn't! I am so glad to be back in MN AND finding the balance is hard. I want to be next to Andy every waking moment so I don't miss a thing the doctors say, a procedure they complete, ideas or questions they may have. The other side of the coin is the balance of self care and our beautiful daughters. Yesterday, Elsa kept asking when she would see me again (insert breaking heart). Today I had the opportunity to tag out with Lynn (Andy's mom) while I went and did some self care. My self care included lunch with an amazing couple (Jeff and Alena), and a mani/pedi. Then I got to get the girls off the bus, chat with some neighbors and have dinner with another amazing couple (Chris and Kristi), they even came over and cooked for me!

While I was away, Andy was busy as well! He completed a CT scan, physical therapy and sat up in a chair/bed! Currently the guy is out cold! He worked really hard today and his mom got to see it all in action. Dave, his dad came up as well and was able to see the EMG take place. It truly takes a team to support Andy and each other. I am so grateful for #TeamAndy God is good and we will continue to pray for Andy to make gains and for the team to stay strong!