Originally posted on 09/04/2018:

First Day of School

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 2 hours ago
This morning started out a little challenging due to being so far away from home. I watched Maisie load the bus from our door bell camera and was sent photos from Grammy Lynn. I also spoke with Elsa, which wanted to Facetime and I keep dodging that... she wants to see dad. I just don't know how many excuses I can make before she catches on. T

Andy's stats were really good last night. His heart rate is dropping a little which is good the last few days he was in the 100 range and now he is in the 80-90 range. They have been able to keep his blood pressure stable and oxygen stable with medicine therapy. This morning he even got a little bed bath (laid flat and rolled on side and stats stayed stable!). Yesterday we enjoyed the company of our neighbor and friend. Today two of his college buddies will be up to visit!

As the nurse and respiratory therapist was here to clean his mouth he opened his eyes. I walked over and told him all about the girls first day of school and he tracked me with his eyes, then he raised his eyebrows as I told him stories. Absolutely made my day!!!