Originally posted on 03/27/2018:

Jibbby - you keep blaming EVERYTHING on Liberals and Mexicans? Both are false and not going to help you improve your city/state. This problem has been in the making since the 1970's where Californian's thought they could contain the problem. The majority of the 60,000 homeless people in LA are US Citizens, so either you are not looking at the faces of the homeless or you haven't stopped to care? I use to feed the homeless in Santa Monica, so I know the faces.

LA is one of the worst cities that refuses to house their homeless. Most likely because it's full of people like you that think homeless people living out of their car's should do better when most of them just cannot find affordable housing. Many of these people have jobs but it's not enough to sustain them. Back in the early 90's I was dating a girl in San Diego, she had a squatter that would sleep in her carport every night. I asked her why would she let an unemployed, bum live in her garage. Imagine my shock when she told me he had a college degree and went to work each morning at a good job. The housing market in San Diego got out of hand. Just like LA and Northern California. Many people simply can't find housing because there isn't any and if they did, they can't afford it. They rather live in an RV, camper, tent or their car than pay exorbitant rent.

Since you won't house them, they have to house themselves. Other cities find ways to create housing, because it's cheaper and better in the long run. There's a lot of homeless here in Houston, just like every warm weather city but most homeless here have mental problems where they don't now they have choices.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...201-story.html