shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Dicks sporting goods no longer selling assault weapons; yes : Nominated Post

Originally posted on 03/01/2018:

I've worked here for 8 years... not a long time in respect to our lifetime but a long time in an industry that deals with all of us gambling and the ups and downs of it. In that time I've known of posters dying due to their own hand, illnesses, accidents and messing with the wrong people. I'm only usually told when I get a personal email from a spouse or family member asking for certain posts to be taken down, etc so I genuinely don't know what has happened to the people who have disappeared that weren't banned. With many of you our children have virtually grown up together. I know what Opie's daughter is up to and have watched her grow up, how Paco's kids are doing, when each of you has a new baby, etc. Shit, if it wasn't for this place, I would've lost my sanity when my own son was sick from birth until like 3 years old. You guys held my hand the whole way and I truly needed it! So every damn time one of these tragedies happens I wait for an email or text from someone telling me that poster xyz was a victim or their child was and I need to do whatever... and I think gosh, we're all just parents or have loved ones who deep down want the best for ourselves and those we care about. I look at the names of the victims when they're released and then try to match them with what I know from our posters so I can eliminate that any of you guys are injured or worse.

This is not a normal way to live and it's definitely not a normal way for our children to grow up. I don't care what was said 200 years ago... I care about the people who are here NOW and I really struggle to understand why a store that's so easily accessible needs to have these weapons available. Shit I live in a country where spray paint is locked up so kids can't huff it. Yeah I'm sure it'll hurt some snowflake's rights and feelings that they don't have immediate access to spray paint but you know what? Who gives a rat's.

Slavery law: changed. Being able to legally rape and beat your wife: changed. Gay marriage: changed. Marijuana: changed. Womens' right to vote: changed. Nothing wrong with change so smarten up now please

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Dick's stock is up 25% today. I guess losing those gun sales didn't hurt their bottom line after all.