Originally posted on 12/08/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
This is an updated chart which reflects comparable numbers for today... I googled 2017 illiteracy chart and this popped up...

Did you read the fine print??? First it says "English-speaking adults", so that should eliminate your illegal immigrant rant. Then it says "All data are estimates and HAVE A LARGE MARGIN OF ERROR". Which means whoever created this graph didn't know what the fuk they were studying.

Jibbby - you always try to make a point to put down blacks and Mexicans. I don't even think you're aware how much you hate them? Your unconscious bias is glaring. This is not a color or migration issue, this is not a liberal or conservative issues. America is becoming dumbed down at all levels. Rich, poor, white, black, Ohio, California, it doesn't matter. This country is full of dummies. Blame it on the parents, schools, McDonalds, I don't know the cause but we are getting lapped by other countries. We are probably around 50th in terms of educated society. We have some very smart people but A LOT of dumb people.

I recruit executives for a living and it is becoming harder and harder to find brilliant people. It is almost impossible to find advanced educated white men. White men are not going for Master's and PhD's like they used to. They get a Bachelor's degree and think they've arrived. I end up hiring a shit load of Asian and Indian people and even sponsor them to become US citizens because our own people are too lazy to get higher educated. Women are becoming more educated than men. A few months ago I rejected a guy and he tells me, "I guess you had to hire a female." I told him straight up that I don't hire quotas, I hire the best people and you weren't even close. His technical skills sucked but his behavioral skills were worst. His attitude was that of entitlement, overblown confidence, rigid and not willing to embrace change. I'm seeing a lot of guys like this. They are at home unemployed mad with the world as if it owed them something. Instead of reinventing themselves, they make excuses. Not to mention how many guys that had offers rescinded because they are hooked on drugs. Shit is getting ridiculous.

Stop blaming immigrants. This is a US problem, not a Mexico, Canada, etc. problem. We need to reach our young people and give them a dose of reality. Without education, you are lost. Our country is lost without our people getting educated. 60% HS dropout rates is pathetic.