Originally posted on 12/03/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
No they punished for not winning their conf. Like i said I don't care if a team drops 1 meaningless game somewhere. You basically saying if a undefeated loses the 1st playoff they should get another chance the following week cause doesn't matter when they lose!! Am I wrong? The way it is is the playoff isn't just the last 4, it builds throughout the year.
My point is Ohio State got away with losing to a shitty conference team like Iowa because they weren’t the ones winning the conference...Bama just happened to lose against the team that won their division who was actually a legit opponent

So in this case it was “better” to lose to a shit team just because they weren’t winning your conference?

It’s totally possible that the 4 best teams in the nation can come from the same conference...so that being the case, why do we have to have conference champs as the 4 best teams if they aren’t ever created equally?

If an undefeated team loses their conference championship game they can still make the playoffs...it’s only one loss if they’re one of the 4 best