Originally posted on 10/09/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by ROTTINGCHRIST View Post
LOL. That's what I've been trying to say for the last three pages...but in a nicer way.

I listed several different religions, several different religious books or bibles, and several different sects of religion within the same religions (ex. Baptists vs Catholic, Sunni vs Shiite, etc.)

I just want to know how anyone can be positive that they picked the right religion and denomination out of the thousands that exist. Even within this very thread there were Christians fighting and arguing over whose interpretation of Christianity was correct. I mean...I'm was here trying to debate Christians and they were fighting among themselves as to who was right.....how am I supposed to buy into their region when they can't even agree?

I was born and raised Baptist...for no other reason than that's what my parents were and that's what they forced upon me. Instead of living in fear of the Church, I asked questions, did research, and educated myself on numerous religions. As a read the Bible, Torrah, and Quran more and more....the less I believed in God. Funny how that works. So now I have all these different groups...Christians, Muslims, Jews, Mormons, etc. telling me I'm going straight to hell and most of them don't even understand other religions. They just believe what they believe because of where they were born, who they were around, and who their parents were.

My transformation went like this.

1. Baptist
2. Protestant
3. Non-denominational
4. .....ok, these different churches and stuff aren't for me so I still believe in a "higher power"
5. More doubt...I start relying on education, experience, logic, and common sense
6. Yeah, it's all bullshit. I really don't believe it and never did. I just wanted to believe it but deep down I know better. I'm not special and don't have a personal relationship with the creator of the entire universe. There isn't an invisible man that will make me live for eternity.

The hardest part for people is the fear that the Church (or religion) puts into them. If you merely question it, you risk burning for eternity in hell. Most people probably just try to block out the doubt in their heads because the church teaches them that it's sin. This is the beauty of the mind control.

I started questioning it because I figured if there really was a God, he could read my mind anyway so I might as well be open and honest with myself. Then I saw all these so called "Christians" that goto Church on Sundays and are shitty people the other six days of the week. Living in the middle of the Bible belt, these have been "some" of the most judgmental hypocrites I've ever come across. Not all, but a lot more than there should be.