Originally posted on 09/25/2017:

I honestly don't get whole American pride that everyone talks about.

I don't understand the idea that you have to support the flag and stand for the anthem simply because you live in America. I simply live in America. I pay my taxes, but why do I have to stand up for my country? I just happened to be born here. Just because you live in Boston, do you have to root for the Patriots? What has America ever really done for me? And don't say freedom, this is 2017, there are tons of countries with freedom. I can literally go 30 minutes north of me and be in a free country. Obviously I respect anyone who chooses to fight for our country, but at the end of the day that was their choice to enlist and serve the country.

Maybe I just don't have that American pride that a lot of people do. I live here. I like it here. I pay taxes, but I don't feel the need to be this patriotic type of person that has to stand for the anthem. When I do go to my two football games this season, I'll obviously stand for the anthem, but I could care less if the person next to me is sitting or if the players are kneeling.