Originally posted on 09/22/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
Typical liberals bad mouthing America and our President. Please just move to North Korea. As far as Trump goes he is handling this perfectly. I guarantee we will attack them in a month or so and finally get rid of him. Trump even said he is not going to announce his plans. Why let the enemy know what we are going to do? It also takes time to plan an attack and I'm sure that is what they are doing now. Obama gave them money lol. What a joke.
Why is it that when someone has an opposing view, the response is that the other person should leave the country? How un American is that? Can't we all get along even if we don't agree? Just say what you feel and allow other people to say how they feel. It's okay to have several different opinions.

How can you guarantee that we will attack N Korea in a month? What's our plan? To nuke the entire country without affecting the region? Sending in US troops to take over an entire country? How do you suggest we go about attacking them and how many of your kids are currently serving in the armed forces???

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
N. Korea would have fired a nuke by now. Trump needs to go in there and have the special forces kill that Kim. People of N. Korea would like that.
Why would N Korea fire a nuke in an act of war? They are developing the capability as a way of deterrent. Obviously, we don't want that but if you lived in N Korea, wouldn't you want that deterrent for your country? I think it is naive to think that the people of N Korea would ever side with America. They are just as proud of their country (warts and all) as we are of the US. There are estimates of 1.5 million to 3 million N Koreans that have volunteered for their Army. Even more people, 7 million have been estimated to be on standby to fight. That is 3x more than our entire force. How the hell are we going to go in there and fight that? What special forces do you have that can just slip into a country and kill a dictator? Do you forget how long it took to get Bin Laden? And Bin Laden didn't control an entire country.

You guys are screaming war but not thinking this out. Outside of just dropping a bomb on the entire country, which would create a world war, there is no easy option. I prefer diplomacy over bombs. Create an incentive for them to stop building nukes. Award them financially for playing nice (yes that means sending them money). It is a lot easier to attract bees with honey instead of vinegar. I don't see any advantage to building mistrust.