Originally posted on 07/17/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
Some months I'm the windshield and other months I'm the bug

overqll, I do pretty well.
Isn't that the way it always is? Over a 40+ year history of wagering, I am averaging around 57.5% in the win column. Knock on wood, I have only had one losing season. I was fortunate enough to learn from the best. Lefty Rosenthal, Jimmy Vaccaro, and others who the general public has never heard of were my teachers. I watched, listened, took notes, and learned from all of these giants in the industry when it was in it's infancy. Today, not much has changed. You see all of these Math wizzes trying to get their wagers at "Plus Even", but the still lose their asses. The fact is this. There is no substitution for knowledge of the teams. There are no shortcuts. There is no way around it. If you are not willing to put in the time and the effort, you are going to lose, and last season over 89% of the players lost in here. Now I realize that most of that was air. People get a bit flaky and do anything to get acknowledged, even if that means making a fool out of themselves. Right JJ? Right Lakerfan? Keep up the good work Fire.